Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Okay So

1. I have My lense Shape made at 55mm I'm going to play with that a bit though.
2 I have matched the tint and opacity for the lenses.
3. I am working on some mockup with hud like interfaces for concept art images of the frames with lenses.... as we speak.

Now the New challenge can any one get a good screen grab of Tony before he take off his Purple lense aviator style glasses in the phone call during the Ferry Sequence?

Best I could do real quick, but I'm sure someone out there has a better set up to grab screenshots, its at about 1:13:43 in the movie if anyone else can help out
ts2.jpg
ts1.jpg

This was the best I could get skipping through frame by frame :/ (It's been cropped and lightened a bit for visibility

stark 1 frame.png

They almost look like Porsche Design P8478's don't they? (pic for reference, obviously not same colors)

Porsche-Design-P8478-Spare-Lens-Set-P-V343_2_3.jpg

NON HUD.jpg

Okay Here is a rough draft of the SPX Match with the Lense shape minus VFX Hud

HUD.jpg

Here is a rough draft of the SPX Match with the Lense shape including a rough mockup VFX Hud

Stay Tuned More Details to Come!

- - - Updated - - -

This was the best I could get skipping through frame by frame :/ (It's been cropped and lightened a bit for visibility

View attachment 772047

They almost look like Porsche Design P8478's don't they? (pic for reference, obviously not same colors)

View attachment 772046

At this point this is the closest I've seen in a split second worth of reference material!

View attachment 772060

Okay Here is a rough draft of the SPX Match with the Lense shape minus VFX Hud

View attachment 772061

Here is a rough draft of the SPX Match with the Lense shape including a rough mockup VFX Hud

Stay Tuned More Details to Come!

- - - Updated - - -

At this point this is the closest I've seen in a split second worth of reference material!

Those are looking great man! Super excited!!!

Been doing a little more digging I think these might be them, can't tell if the details are supposed to be silver or gold in the movie but if nothing else these are super close.

Porsche-P8478-Silver-A-2.jpg

Those are looking great man! Super excited!!!

Been doing a little more digging I think these might be them, can't tell if the details are supposed to be silver or gold in the movie but if nothing else these are super close.

View attachment 772071

okay very plausible Sony decided to use a Luxottica Brand Porsche Design Eyewear option , because the scenes for Age of Ultron, Civil War and Spider-Man Homecoming exterior shots of the upstate facility we’re shot at the Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts, however the interior shots were at the Porsche Testing Facility at One Porsche Drive in Atlanta
also home of Luxottica USA.

Last edited:
can't tell if the details are supposed to be silver or gold in the movie but if nothing else these are super close.

View attachment 772071

Okay look at the screen cap from a distance almost blurring your view, and then look at the Porsche Design frames. Note how the silver bridge details registers as the same in the screen captures. As for the more rounded lower portion of the lense shape, Downey is tilting his head and the glasses forward changing the perspective we view the teardrop lenses given them more of a round lower portion. The lenses may of course not be stock but a custom light tint with AR. Other than that they are the same Great job!

View attachment Test.jpgP8478 1.jpgView attachment P8478 2.jpg

Last edited:
Okay here are PDF files for Optometry Labs to recreate Robert Downey Jr's/ Tony Stark's lense options on his frames.

I can strongly recommend Jason Kazmer's at Initium's Optical Lab!

You should call him or email mail him first, although he'd strongly prefer to do custom screen accurate INITIUM frames.

However, the alternative is my optician AJ at HyperOptics Optometry whom will do anything perfectly and in a timely fashion.

The bottom line is their prices are not wholesale. They are retail. Retail in optical is unfortunately expensive, I have said this before he is extremely competent and I'll post pics of all 12 positive results I have from him.
1. Initium Concept 2 (Spider-Man Homecoming, 2017)
2. Initium London Calling (Iron Man 2, 2010 Iron Man 3, 2013)
3. Matsuda m2002br (Iron Man 3. 2013)
4. Matsuda m3023 (Omaze/ RAF Youtube, 2016)
5. Matsuda m3023 (Iron Man 3, 2013)
6. Oliver Peoples Sheldrake (Avengers London Premiere, 2012)

7. Oliver Peoples Soloist IV (Iron Man 3 London Premiere, 2013)
8. Paul Smith Walton (Iron Man 3 Tokyo Premiere, 2013)
9. Silhouette TNG (Spider-Man Homecoming, 2017)
10. Silhouette SPX Match (Spider-Man Homecoming, 2017)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PSRAxYdCs-Qjl8j2IyCESx5z1WcgUu8x

God.... for me it's the equivalent of the Government releasing the JFK assassination files....

Page 1-page-001.jpgPage 2-page-001.jpgPage 3-page-001.jpgPage 5-page-001.jpg

Last edited:
A word of caution... hold of on order your Silhouette SPX Match Chassis for now.

I am waiting for my optical lab to cut demo lenses first so you can physically see them in color, shape, and size to match screen caps.
Second, because they have a pantoscopic angle and the lower bridge higher arms means the fit will not work for everyone. they are also in limited supply and available only on the smaller 17mm x 135mm size. which is small. Like hat size 7.5 or smaller heads.

You've been warned.

EE8A7B81-B42B-4737-BAA7-DBB59380E333.jpeg

Okay this is a photo of a hand made ( I literally sanded these to shape with a file to my diagram specs) lense pattern which the optical lab will use for their computer to cut the actual Tri-vex material for the RX Sun or Non-RX Sun lenses.

Tri-vex
is an extremely strong material and thin, yet won’t crack when drilled for rimless drill mount frames. Generally ideal for Silhouette, Italee, or Lindberg.
CR-39 is a thin but strong plastic ideal for RX lenses and Non RX Sun Lenses made for Acetate or Metal frames.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny to think I went from Woodworker to Prop and Model-Maker to Visual Development Artist, and Hobbyists Optical Expert.

Okay after getting to examine the screen used pair which I was not permitted to photograph by Sony I have have revised my lense shape. I’m proud to say not by much in shape color or size. Yay me!

Ill update soon!

Luxury Eyesite is having a Nov 27th sale. 20% off. Coupon Code : CYBERMONDAY

Monday ONLY

I do not own stock in Luxury eyesight, but I have purchased from them.

Just noticed the shot in the Infinity War trailer, wasn't sure if those early pics were representative of what was going to show up in the movie.
Untitled.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back