Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I am looking for the same pair. Have a look at the screenshot... does anyone have any info? I've checked the Ray Ban sight and nothing seems to match... I also looked at the Randolph Engineering Concorde but the lenses are too dark and they are missing the small bars on top of the lenses on each side. Take a look at the screenshot.

Thanks!
View attachment 186191
I was looking for the same pair, the closest I could find were these Ray-Bans that have Ambermatic lenses that darken in the light, but I see they dont have the small bars on the top
Ray-Ban RB3025 58 AVIATOR Sunglasses | Sunglass Hut Shop Ray-Ban RB3025 58 AVIATOR Sunglasses at the Official Sunglass Hut Online Store. Free Shipping and Returns on all orders!

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Hope you'll post pictures of the Von zippers when you get them!

Finally got the Von Zippers in today, they are a lot nicer in person, they have a "translucent" type frame to them which I hadn't been able to pick up on pictures prior. At least for now, I think my Tony Stark sunglasses collection has come to a close.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

Last edited:
And one pic of the all of the Tony Stark sunglasses I have: Ray Ban 3320, Initium London Calling, Initium Super Unknown, Intitium All-In, Matsuda 2002, Matsuda 3023 and the Von Zipper Fulton.
7.JPG

Finally got the Von Zippers in today, they are a lot nicer in person, they have a "translucent" type frame to them which I hadn't been able to pick up on pictures prior. At least for now, I think my Tony Stark sunglasses collection has come to a close.
View attachment 187104View attachment 187105View attachment 187106View attachment 187108View attachment 187109View attachment 187110

Hey cool, congratz on them! The translucence is pretty cool, not something you could tell from the movie. They look like a fun pair to wear. Any chance you could tell me what model they are and how much and where you got them from?

- - - Updated - - -

And one pic of the all of the Tony Stark sunglasses I have: Ray Ban 3320, Initium London Calling, Initium Super Unknown, Intitium All-In, Matsuda 2002, Matsuda 3023 and the Von Zipper Fulton.
View attachment 187112

Awesome! The blue matsudas are still my favorite. I'm interested in how the lenses on the rayban's look. Could you show some more pictures of it? Very nice collection of shades!

Hey cool, congratz on them! The translucence is pretty cool, not something you could tell from the movie. They look like a fun pair to wear. Any chance you could tell me what model they are and how much and where you got them from?

I got the Von Zipper Fulton glasses from SunglassGarage, who teamed up with Von Zipper to be the exclusive distributor of the re-release of these. Unfortunately, it also means they cost double the price of a normal pair of Von Zipper Fulton glasses at $179.99, which is a bit steep. I've seen a few pairs come and go on ebay lately as well. Here's the link:
Von Zipper Fulton Sunglasses - Red Black Checkers / Grey - Online at the Sunglass Garage - Free USA Priority Shipping

I'll add some pics of the Ray Bans later tonight. Thanks for the feedback!

Quite the range of sunglasses youve got there! I notice you seem to be missing a pair of initium british steel frim your iron man collection though, are you not a fan?

Quite the range of sunglasses youve got there! I notice you seem to be missing a pair of initium british steel frim your iron man collection though, are you not a fan?

Hahah, yea I don't think I could pull off the British Steels, plus they might have the least amount of screen time of any of the glasses. I'm also missing a Robert Marc pair, as well as Oliver Peoples ;)

Yea you do seem to have all the best pairs, i do like the british steels though. I noticed on youtube that they are actually in a full scene in iron man 2....but its a deleted scene! Haha! How many 'non iron man' pairs do you own?

Quite a few, I have a handful of different Oakleys, a few Ray-Bans, Von Zipper, Mosley Tribes, Blu Blockers. Its probably getting to the point where I can close the book on sunglasses for a while.

Hey does any1 know wot sunglasses rdj was wearing at the la premiere of iron man 3 at the el capitan? They were black with transition lenses, cant get pics up at the mo

I am looking for the same pair. Have a look at the screenshot... does anyone have any info? I've checked the Ray Ban sight and nothing seems to match... I also looked at the Randolph Engineering Concorde but the lenses are too dark and they are missing the small bars on top of the lenses on each side. Take a look at the screenshot.

Thanks!
View attachment 186191

These look like a Ray Ban Outdoorsman that have the sweat bar missing/removed. Sometimes over time the plastic dries out, cracks, and is removed. That's the only reason I'd see that those two little pieces would be at the top of the lens. The two bars could have been adjusted to be closer together or at the right angle, the two metal bridge bars would appear as one.

The lenses look like old Ray Ban Changeables, which are what they called their photochromic lenses back in the day. If they are, Ray Ban logos are a breeze to remove from the lenses. If not, they could be more modern transitions in polycarbonate or Trivex for safety in filming. Haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know what kind of scenes were filmed in these glasses.

Here's an example of what I believe these glasses are. Pretty hard to find originals but you can get brand new Outdoorsmans, remove the sweat bar, and replace the lenses if you really want them.

Vintage Sunglasses ? Product Details: Ray Ban Outdoorsman II - Changeable Brown

4229_2_Ray-Ban-BandL-USA-Outdoorsman-sunglasses-black-changeable-brown.jpg

Figures. He almost always wears Oliver Peoples frames and they make Paul Smith's frames. Just didn't look through that section of the site.

Do need to add that it was two pairs he wears at the premiere. The black with the light, possibly photochromic, tint. The sunglasses are the tortoise version.

Robert+Downey+Jr+Arrivals+Iron+Man+3+Premiere+hZ5mwFYn_A4x.jpg

Last edited:
Oh ok thanks for that, i saw the pics on the net and thought they were all 1 pair, just assumed they were transition lenses that changed depending where he was standing but i can see that the 1 pair are tortoise now. Thanks

Do you guys know where you can buy the Fultons these days? Quite difficult to find outside of ebay (no luck there either).
hebrewersfan sick collection :)) Planning to pick up the superunknown too, my M3023's and my London Calling just arrived, will post pictures as soon as I can. Btw how large are the Initium All-In's? I contacted the guy and he said they were 'very large'. Hope you can help out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back