Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I threw them in my Initium cabinet real quick before heading out today
a20a65c87b42774ef2df1be4e555e5e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea I got my pair 2 (only one mind) and the worry about the colour was unfounded, they look pretty good!! Unfortunatley they’re a lot smaller than I thought they would be, and for that reason, they don’t really suit me...think I’ll be returning

Yea I got my pair 2 (only one mind) and the worry about the colour was unfounded, they look pretty good!! Unfortunatley they’re a lot smaller than I thought they would be, and for that reason, they don’t really suit me...think I’ll be returning [emoji22]
What number did you get

I got my set in today as well. I gotta admit I'm not impressed with the coloring of the one stamped Silver/gold, It's way too flat, just looks spray painted to me :( worse yet is it looks like they shipped those out with the brown lenses and the gunmetal frames with coral so gotta get them switched out now (unless I'm mistaken and my color blindness is worse than I thought lol). The rest of the colors are beautiful though and the shape definitely looks accurate to me!!

Anybody interested in those India glasses? Now that we have the Blu-ray I believe that it's another thing like the Silhouette's where they used a rimless "chassis" and made a custom lens shape. I can't find any that match it exactly so it may just be one of those "close enough" moments. Anybody have any input?

Also kind of off topic but, does anyone here own the British Steel pair from IM2?

Last edited:
I got the colour from the movie. I know what you mean though, they do look like they’ve been spray painted to be fair. And yea I’m sure initium labeled them as having a brown gradient lense, but they don’t have a gradient. I’ll probably send them back and use the cash to get the Todd’s sunglasses.

I got my set in today as well. I gotta admit I'm not impressed with the coloring of the one stamped Silver/gold, It's way too flat, just looks spray painted to me :( worse yet is it looks like they shipped those out with the brown lenses and the gunmetal frames with coral so gotta get them switched out now (unless I'm mistaken and my color blindness is worse than I thought lol). The rest of the colors are beautiful though and the shape definitely looks accurate to me!!

Anybody interested in those India glasses? Now that we have the Blu-ray I believe that it's another thing like the Silhouette's where they used a rimless "chassis" and made a custom lens shape. I can't find any that match it exactly so it may just be one of those "close enough" moments. Anybody have any input?

Also kind of off topic but, does anyone here own the British Steel pair from IM2?
I have the British steel glasses

Is anyone else who bought the set of concepts considering swapping the lenses of the two silver frames?

Haha I never noticed that, but yea it says 61 on the temple in the pic, says 59 on mine. Maybe that was the problem though, Jason said they were delayed because of detailing on the temple, they probably had to change the numbers. Shame, because if they were a 61, I probably wdv kept mine

I am thinking of releasing PDF’s that have custom lense instructions for optical labs to follow to make screen accurate lenses for Downey/ Tony Stark Frames.
I do want to get some silhouette lenses from the place that made yours so I can see the difference

Okay, just got off the phone with Jason @ Initium
the Concept 2’s will be coming in soon in the oversized 61mm lenses soon.

Also in two weeks or so the “All-Ins” “Concept 2’s” and “Cocktails” will be released again in two sizes
59mm (Downey’s size) and the larger 61 mm size as well.

Last edited:
Just got my Concepts, not sure how I feel about them, a little on the fence. Was there a return policy on these? Cuz as far as I can tell from the website, for items in stock there's a 20% restock fee, and for pre-orders, there's no returns.

Awww what, There’s a larger 61 size coming ! That was never mentioned. Now I’ll have to send these back, and get a larger pair sent...and probably have to pay import tax again on top of delivery

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back