Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Tried uploading this 4x and everytime they come in upside down ffs. Got them today
glasses2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6171.JPG
    IMG_6171.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
  • glasses.JPG
    glasses.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I used to have the blue Matsuda but I didn't feel like they fit my face that well. After seeing Jamie Foxx wearing the larger size version in Baby Driver, I might look into the 57 size blue pair, really liked the craftsmanship of that pair. I gotta stop seeing movies with people wearing sunglasses :lol

I used to have the blue Matsuda but I didn't feel like they fit my face that well. After seeing Jamie Foxx wearing the larger size version in Baby Driver, I might look into the 57 size blue pair, really liked the craftsmanship of that pair. I gotta stop seeing movies with people wearing sunglasses [emoji38]
I picked up the 57 blue Matsuda. I wish the 57 came in the same blue as the smaller.... Or I had a smaller head

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Oliver peoples are size 50 right ? Mine are the look small but fit good enough... normaly my glasses are 52. Just saw it yesterday

Yea they're 50. I agree though, they did seem on the smaller side of what I'm used to. Its always hard to gauge how they'll fit on me, based on seeing them on RDJ, who's on the smaller side.

Anyone looking for a pair of checkered von zippers, someone listed a pair on eBay for buy it now 350 or make an offer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do you think these companies pay Marvel to put their horrendously tacky and overpriced sunglasses in film, just so there will later be a demand for them?

I can't help but feel that, looking at these. They're not unique or memorable at all to warrant the brand or price; they look like every-man glasses you can find at a dollar store, just spray painted in tacky colors to me.

I won't argue on whether or not its beneficial for the companies to get their products in a Marvel movie, but whether they're unique or memorable is more of a subjective thing. I'm not entirely sure what the argument is though, for example Matsuda sunglasses were still expensive before he wore them in IM3, thats more of a separate statement on a manufacturer's pricing than anything to do with Marvel or who wore them. I don't know, to each their own I suppose.

I won't argue on whether or not its beneficial for the companies to get their products in a Marvel movie, but whether they're unique or memorable is more of a subjective thing. I'm not entirely sure what the argument is though, for example Matsuda sunglasses were still expensive before he wore them in IM3, thats more of a separate statement on a manufacturer's pricing than anything to do with Marvel or who wore them. I don't know, to each their own I suppose.

My point was now they're insanely in demand because of the movie, when before, sure the price was the same, but I don't think much anyone cared to seek them out or drop that amount.
They don't stand out as anything unique, at least to me, unless you care solely about brand alone. But put Tony Stark in them, and now they get 27 pages of discussion on a forum.

haha yea I get that, that's with anything though. I mean, you got people chasing down Zune players now because it was in GotG Vol 2. :lol

Gotta love good old product placement! I guess the same criticism can be applied to all fashion trends started by any popular figures and celebs, though your lamentation of it probably falls on mostly deaf ears here and any other threads dealing with identifying off the rack items in movies and shows lol

What you're talking about here is advertising on every single level, bit strange just to point at marvel doing it! All they're doing is getting rdj to model their sunglasses like any other supermodel you see in a mag or advert etc, because they look good in them, and make people want to buy them. David beckham advertises haig whiskey, but doubt he's ever drunk a drop in his life, but if he's a fave celeb of yours and you see it, you prob would wana try it to be fair.

Also, I can honestly say, i don't buy rdj glasses if I know they won't suit or fit me, and I never tell my friends how I found them, because they'll almost certainly google it and they'll see much better they look on him afterwards, haha! But I've been wearing styles like the blue matsudas, initium all-in and the police civil wars etc, and I've had nothing but compliments and people asking me where I got them. I put them down for a second at the pub and one of my mates has picked them up and is wearing them, then he gets compliments and he asks me where I got them so he can tell these people!!! It may be product placement, but whoever picks rdj's sunglasses for the iron man movies hasn't steered me wrong yet.....so I'll carry on thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back