Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Wolfshire's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Messages
    121
    1 Week Ago  Oct 6, 2017, 1:27 AM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #726

    I got my set in today as well. I gotta admit I'm not impressed with the coloring of the one stamped Silver/gold, It's way too flat, just looks spray painted to me worse yet is it looks like they shipped those out with the brown lenses and the gunmetal frames with coral so gotta get them switched out now (unless I'm mistaken and my color blindness is worse than I thought lol). The rest of the colors are beautiful though and the shape definitely looks accurate to me!!

    Anybody interested in those India glasses? Now that we have the Blu-ray I believe that it's another thing like the Silhouette's where they used a rimless "chassis" and made a custom lens shape. I can't find any that match it exactly so it may just be one of those "close enough" moments. Anybody have any input?

    Also kind of off topic but, does anyone here own the British Steel pair from IM2?
    Last edited by Wolfshire; 1 Week Ago at 1:42 AM.
  2. Member Since
    May 2013
    Messages
    79
    1 Week Ago  Oct 6, 2017, 3:44 AM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #727

    I got the colour from the movie. I know what you mean though, they do look like theyíve been spray painted to be fair. And yea Iím sure initium labeled them as having a brown gradient lense, but they donít have a gradient. Iíll probably send them back and use the cash to get the Toddís sunglasses.
  3. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    1 Week Ago  Oct 6, 2017, 6:40 AM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #728

    Wolfshire said: View Post
    I got my set in today as well. I gotta admit I'm not impressed with the coloring of the one stamped Silver/gold, It's way too flat, just looks spray painted to me worse yet is it looks like they shipped those out with the brown lenses and the gunmetal frames with coral so gotta get them switched out now (unless I'm mistaken and my color blindness is worse than I thought lol). The rest of the colors are beautiful though and the shape definitely looks accurate to me!!

    Anybody interested in those India glasses? Now that we have the Blu-ray I believe that it's another thing like the Silhouette's where they used a rimless "chassis" and made a custom lens shape. I can't find any that match it exactly so it may just be one of those "close enough" moments. Anybody have any input?

    Also kind of off topic but, does anyone here own the British Steel pair from IM2?
    I have the British steel glasses

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  4. nlschutd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    From
    netherlands
    Messages
    605
    1 Week Ago  Oct 7, 2017, 1:37 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #729

    When i saw first photos i was already doubting... shape is the same...but coloring looked off
  5. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    1 Week Ago  Oct 7, 2017, 8:58 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #730

    Is anyone else who bought the set of concepts considering swapping the lenses of the two silver frames?

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  6. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    1 Week Ago  Oct 7, 2017, 9:19 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #731

    Deckard1981 said: View Post
    Attachment 763530Attachment 763531

    Initium Concept 2 (courtesy of Jason K. @ Initium)
    Anyone else notice these frames are 2mm bigger in size than the ones we got?

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  7. Member Since
    May 2013
    Messages
    79
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2017, 7:26 AM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #732

    Haha I never noticed that, but yea it says 61 on the temple in the pic, says 59 on mine. Maybe that was the problem though, Jason said they were delayed because of detailing on the temple, they probably had to change the numbers. Shame, because if they were a 61, I probably wdv kept mine
  8. RPF Premium Member Deckard1981's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Northern California
    Messages
    175
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2017, 1:26 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #733

    I am thinking of releasing PDF’s that have custom lense instructions for optical labs to follow to make screen accurate lenses for Downey/ Tony Stark Frames.
  9. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2017, 1:28 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #734

    Deckard1981 said: View Post
    I am thinking of releasing PDFís that have custom lense instructions for optical labs to follow to make screen accurate lenses for Downey/ Tony Stark Frames.
    I do want to get some silhouette lenses from the place that made yours so I can see the difference

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  10. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    1 Week Ago  Oct 9, 2017, 6:22 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #735

    Anyone ever notice how similar the Hardways and Concept 2s are?

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  11. RPF Premium Member Deckard1981's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Northern California
    Messages
    175
    1 Week Ago  Oct 9, 2017, 7:27 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #736

    Okay, just got off the phone with Jason @ Initium
    the Concept 2’s will be coming in soon in the oversized 61mm lenses soon.

    Also in two weeks or so the “All-Ins” “Concept 2’s” and “Cocktails” will be released again in two sizes
    59mm (Downey’s size) and the larger 61 mm size as well.
    Last edited by Deckard1981; 6 Days Ago at 4:36 PM.
  12. nlschutd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    From
    netherlands
    Messages
    605
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 11:23 AM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #737

    They realy dont look what i expected... glad i wanted and didnot order these

    gotmeth366 said: View Post
    Anyone ever notice how similar the Hardways and Concept 2s are?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b2213da8fc.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  13. RPF Premium Member hebrewersfan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Messages
    194
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 1:36 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #738

    Just got my Concepts, not sure how I feel about them, a little on the fence. Was there a return policy on these? Cuz as far as I can tell from the website, for items in stock there's a 20% restock fee, and for pre-orders, there's no returns.
  14. Member Since
    May 2013
    Messages
    79
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 1:46 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #739

    Awww what, Thereís a larger 61 size coming 😡! That was never mentioned. Now Iíll have to send these back, and get a larger pair sent...and probably have to pay import tax again on top of delivery
  15. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 3:05 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #740

    Got bored in the kitchen and flipped my lenses. What do you guys think

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  16. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 3:13 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #741

    Here's outside lighting

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  17. nlschutd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    From
    netherlands
    Messages
    605
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 2:04 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #742

    To be honest dont like the quality... how is of possible these got shipped... makes .e think twice before i order special glasses again

    gotmeth366 said: View Post
    Here's outside lightinghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...184f9a4514.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  18. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 2:11 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #743

    I don't have any issues with the quality

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  19. RPF Premium Member Deckard1981's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Northern California
    Messages
    175
    6 Days Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 4:38 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #744

    Deckard1981 said: View Post
    Okay, just got off the phone with Jason @ Initium
    the Concept 2’s will be coming in soon in the oversized 61mm lenses soon.

    Also in two weeks or so the “All-Ins” “Concept 2’s” and “Cocktails” will be released again in two sizes
    59mm (Downey’s size) and the larger 61 mm size as well.

    Jason will also be willing to do More screen accurate lenses for his screen worn Initium frames. An example would be the lighter grey 25% Tint lenses in the London Calling in the Iron Man 3 Bern Conference scenes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2512.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	765580
  20. gotmeth366's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    137
    5 Days Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 4:46 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #745

    Deckard1981 said: View Post
    Jason will also be willing to do More screen accurate lenses for his screen worn Initium frames. An example would be the lighter grey 25% Tint lenses in the London Calling in the Iron Man 3 Bern Conference scenes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2512.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	765580
    Maybe he'll bring back the red Havana color too

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  21. RPF Premium Member Deckard1981's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Northern California
    Messages
    175
    5 Days Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 8:44 PM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #746

    Deckard1981 said: View Post
    Jason will also be willing to do More screen accurate lenses for his screen worn Initium frames. An example would be the lighter grey 25% Tint lenses in the London Calling in the Iron Man 3 Bern Conference scenes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2512.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	765580

    He will do these lense options if you contact him via email....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD044958-CFDB-49E6-84A3-38B0733326D6.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	765988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2DB343E-2285-473D-83E2-27E1AAE71775.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	765989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	233DF721-A0E0-4F8F-9357-72B9D2D271E4.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	765990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7615FE66-DEEC-4B97-9ADD-34DC8E0D7B20.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	269.0 KB 
ID:	765991

    So the “All-In” and the “London Calling”.
  22. Member Since
    May 2013
    Messages
    79
    3 Days Ago  Oct 15, 2017, 7:02 AM - Re: Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3 #747

    Itís weird, but this whole time I thought that rdj was wearing the black London callings in The iron man 3 Switzerland scene, but looking at that pic you sent, they look more like the red Havana colour that got discontinued.

Similar Threads

  1. Tony Stark's shirt in Iron Man 3 poster?
    VegasSkywalker, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2017, 7:37 PM
  2. Trying to find Iron Man 3 Tony Stark Hoodie
    Retribution, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2013, 10:16 AM
  3. Tony Stark sunglasses (not Matsuda)
    Piccolo77, Entertainment and Movie Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 5, 2013, 6:06 AM
  4. Tony Stark Iron Man 2 Red Shirt
    Mscdman, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2013, 1:45 AM
  5. TONY STARK WIRED MAGAZINE from Iron Man ***DONE***
    Jedifyfe, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 16, 2010, 12:16 PM