Spandex for a Hal Jordan build?

KerryTheMando

Hey guys! I'm a new member, but I've been lurking the site off and on for costuming tips and ideas for a while now.

I come with a question.
I've been costuming for a while now and have built a bunch of Star Wars costumes for me and friends but a group of my friends are going to a convention in July all dressed up as DC comics characters, and I decided to do Hal Jordan.
I've already started my power battery, a cool construct and have a pretty jenky ring.
My biggest problem is trying to find the a decent GL spandex suit, because my sewing skills are sub-par, and I don't want to buy one of those cheesy morph suit looking ones.

I've looked around the site for a couple hours now looking for ideas only to come up short.
Somebody point me in the right direction?

Depends on your budget, but the best way to go would be a custom dye-sublimation print on 4-way stretch lycra, printed from a photoshop file from an artist like orhadar or sonjou, then sewn up by a seamstress like trophywife or a seamstress in your area.

Orhadar could make a great design if you comissioned him to do it.
http://www.therpf.com/f13/orhadars-...-punisher-deapool-patterns-175453/index5.html
I believe Sonjou already has a green lantern design.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/sonjou-dye-sub-patterns-144943/
*EDIT* actually sonjou has two. A movie design and a comic design.
4 Neo Designs » Green Lantern Movie Pattern
4 Neo Designs » Green Lantern Deadpool Pattern

Once you had the file sized to fit you, you would go to a fabric printer like FabricOnDemand to get it printed out on the proper material, then you would have it sewn to fit you.
This sort of setup will probably run around $500 to completion.

Here's an example of what this type of suit can look like when completed:
This suit was made by Brad Spidey4fun. He makes top-notch dye-sublimation suits and completes the sewing and accessories and everything for you. His suits are at least $700.
http://www.spidey4fun.ncable.net.au/Hero_suits.htm
GreenLant.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply!
& wow those look amazing, But I was looking for a silver age Hal.
An almost blank one if even because I was looking to make his chest logo in craft foam.

Welcome!

Orhadar and Sonjou both do custom designs, so they could make a silver-age Hal pattern with no chest logo. I'm sure Brad could do the same, though he's harder to get ahold of.

Last edited:
I have just recently started sculpting and molding my own masks, and I have this:
0423130619a_zps7dc18003.jpg

It's a bit too small for me

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back