anyone see the "screen used" luke ROTJ saber on the bay? thoughts?

I sent them an email as a potential bidder with a few questions, they haven't replied :lol

What where your questions, I'll do the same thing just rephrase them. If it was real it wouldn't be on Ebay. But the COA is in a plastic protective cover also........

Unfortunately it's a total scam , for many reasons , all of which have been detailed above , so I won't repeat things you've already read. I have seen and handled the real things and know the current owners , as almost all will know during filming anything thrown , fired or handled agressively against another actor or group of actors eg fight scene etc almost allways it's a soft rubber stunt piece for health & safety reasons , so just for that reason alone anything made of metal is just plain stupid !!

Haha whoops. I went back and saw that the bidding ended, but you're right it wasn't "sold". I wonder if that was the sellers decision or ebays.

Seller sets reserve price......nobody bid high enough to buy it.

ooo.. I went back and was like where does it say reserve wasn't met? It wasn't until I clicked on the see original listing link, that I wished would have spent more then three seconds looking at the page. :facepalm

Actually thats pretty funny, after everyone's claims here of it being a fraud, even to the extent of emailing ebay, that at the end of the day it was because bidders were too cheap.

My guess is that the seller set the reserve WAY to high for anyone to successfully bid, then they'll reach out to the high bidders and try to set up a deal off of eBay. I'm hearing about this kind of action far too frequently now. So sad. Hopefully no one will respond back as the red flags are flying at full mast here.

That's been going on forever...........I've been on eBay over 15yrs w/ 3 diff accounts and they have made a lot of changes over the yrs to slow this sorta thing down.

I've written to many sellers - usually items w/ no bids - and said I'd give them $X right NOW if they will take it. Worked prob 1/3 of the time.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back