Iron Man mkIII 3D Print Files - FREE

Yeah, that updated Unibeam is not easy to print! I had to tweak it for like 1 hour to make it printable. But i cant print right now, im waiting for a Nano fuse for my RamBo board.

You could use the Gcode viewer before you priny your parts! Saves time and plastic.:D

Here is the link:GCode Viewer

Andy

I've tried printing the new Unibeam model twice now. Here's the outer portion:
[url]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7318/8735778850_1330795e63_c.jpg[/url]

For some reason, there are open contours that I haven't been able to sort out so far. The biggest problem comes up in the small part in the center. The hex mesh keeps getting closed up:
[url]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7283/8735778778_346a29b6dc_c.jpg[/url]

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'll keep banging my head against it.
Thats odd. The previous unibeams screen worked fine. Emailed you an .stl
Lemme know if it works for you.

Hey all, highly impressed. I am new to this but have been following youtube vids and am wanting to try a beginner level armor build. Any suggestions on a noob build file?

Hip pod updated.
See page #1 (original post) for new link to model.
hip-pod-05.jpghip-pod-06.jpg
Enjoy!

Last edited:
This is part of the CGI file. If you're going to start posting pieces from rare files, please give credit where its due and state the origin of this piece
All of the models I am posting are original models built by me. I DO have renders of the original CGI model that I use as reference, but none of the geometry is from any other source. I believe I already stated that somewhere in this thread, but there you have it for the record!

This is part of the CGI file. If you're going to start posting pieces from rare files, please give credit where its due and state the origin of this piece

All of the models I am posting are original models built by me. I DO have renders of the original CGI model that I use as reference, but none of the geometry is from any other source. I believe I already stated that somewhere in this thread, but there you have it for the record!

31896749.jpg

Thanks man, these are great but im having an issue with 5 of the files and don't know why. I can open the arc reactor but nothing is there in the file. I use Maya 8.5 and i just looked in the outliner and it shows all objects in the scene but there are no objects listed, like its not there. Any ideas? I can't open the arc reactor, unibeam, boot booster, helmet fasteners and Hip pod. Any help would be great thanks.

Modelling accurate model doesn't mean they uae the cgi file
I do believe you started telling this same thing to another awesome modeller
Who spent years modeling a mark 3.
You're no longer the only great modeller here ;)

Modelling accurate model doesn't mean they uae the cgi file
I do believe you started telling this same thing to another awesome modeller
Who spent years modeling a mark 3.
You're no longer the only great modeller here ;)

I never claimed i was the only great modeler here. There are plenty of people that i'd consider far better than I on this site.

And yes i did call another modeler out on and only because i was absolutely positive and posted solid evidence. I've never called into question someone's modeling skill, only that they should be honest about their source models. This case is no different and i'm about to prove it.

Your turn.

not ALL of these are original models by you and i gave you a chance to prove it. You have certainly modifed some of them and i am not going to discredit that in the slightest. I just wanted you to be honest and say where these came from instead of reaping all the glory from posting such accurate and detailed models. On many of these pieces all you did was simply reduce the polycount and straighten out a few edges.

Claiming you have detailed renders of the CGI files is such an easy blanket answer to account for your models. The CGI file is constructed in very specific and at times, very odd ways that make anyone who knows this model able to spot it instantly. What i don't understand is why someone would recreate meaningless and wasteful geometry (mostly in terms of 3d printing) that is very evident in the ILM model. There is no reason to perfectly recreate these pieces based off your so-called "BEAUTIFUL" references. Having prepped these models for printing myself, i can say i cut nearly all of the pieces out and recreated the idea and image the CGI produces, but having much more sound models that will print efficiently. Having said that, it sounds like a few people have had trouble printing a some pieces. I noticed lots of open faces, or oddly closed faces where there shouldn't be on your revisions which leads me to believe the printers would have issues.

The pic of your boot jet looks identical to the CGI so it will not surprise me to see if they are. The file you posted however appears to be an entirely different piece than the repulsor though.

I don't SEEK out to debunk people, but if i'm 100% sure then i will. Regardless of if the overwhelming evidence sways the public or not, i'll know I did the right thing by at least attempting to disprove false claims. Ive studied and looked over these models more than just about anyone i could think of over the last 3 years i've had them. If you'd like to continue to be stubborn about this and argue with me i'll gladly go toe to toe with you but i'd rather not have to. If we need to bring this to the mods then i'm okay with that too.

I have a question bimmer ..
The cgi file from marvel aren't supposed to belong to marvel...
dont think anybody has the legal right to have them .
Oh and the other guy davekw that you recall on the cgi... turned out you were wrong i believe .
Anyway my point is that even if they are the cgi file
Any one here is supposes to have them
And i understand that you want people to give credits to the modeller but if he claims that he uses the render only for reference maybe he s right.
Maybe he used the wire frame as blueprint and built his using the cgi wireframe.
Also for the unibeam how can it be from the cgi if in the first place his model had inaccuracy that he fixed ...
I thibk thorsolli gave if reference pics that helped him developp this accurate unibeam.

Just sayin

Last edited:
I'm impressed. You spent a lot of time debunking me.

Look, I am not out for money or glory. I am just trying to help the good folks on this board. Like I said before, I have GREAT reference for the mk3... and I have not taken any original cgi models and reduced their polycount. (If I was doing that I would have had been done by now.) I am taking the reference I have access to, be it whatever, and creating fresh geometry from scratch. If the shapes I am making look just like the movie model, well then thats just great. I guess I'm doing a good job. I have been working hard to get these as perfect as I can. Is it against any board rules to give away models that I am simply doing my best to reproduce? Is that not what the replica costume section is all about? I think everyone out there is enjoying having access to such accuracy. If the mods do not want me to continue to give these out here, great, I will cease. I will still continue building them privately though.

Also, I never claimed to be an expert on generating models for print. I have been learning as I go with the of help from a few other members. I am looking at printers myself and just want to have print ready files when I get it. I am not forcing anyone to download my models. Simply put, they are there for the taking.

I am not going to spend anymore time debating you on this. Say whatever you like, but if you or anyone else wants these as I do them, have at it.
Also, thanks for reminding me to revise the repulsor.

It takes allot to share stuff here. Most want to hid and hoard everything sell at 300% market value. maybe Im missing the point again it goes back with being allowed to play in the sand box or playing with fire to patient and copyrights.. One member was just banned for risk to this community for endangering the community by ignoring a studio cease and desist. who will be next they are watching..

It takes allot to share stuff here. Most want to hid and hoard everything sell at 300% market value. maybe Im missing the point again it goes back with being allowed to play in the sand box or playing with fire to patient and copyrights.. One member was just banned for risk to this community for endangering the community by ignoring a studio cease and desist. who will be next they are watching..

Thanks, I figured it might enrage some of the folks who make major profit from this site, but I never thought I would be put on trial for giving my work away for free... oh well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back