Anyone big into listening to soundtracks?

Father

Sr Member
I remember getting my first movie score/soundtrack: it was The Empire Strikes Back... ON VINYL!!! I listened to it a ton.

Later in life I got back into that brand of music with Robocop and Total Recall.

In the last 10-15 years I've progressively stopped listening to almost anything else but soundtracks.

The majority of college was the BSG series, The Fountain, and a few others.

So how about it?
Throw out some of your favorites.

I've probably listened to Inception more than any other album. Love the Nolan Batman scores. The Thing (2010), Prometheus, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Hancock to name a few.

I have several soundtracks on CD. Most of mine are from musicals though, like Chicago, Grease, Phantom of the Opera, Moulin Rouge, etc.

Wrath of Khan, the Indy soundtracks, pretty much any John Wiliams are on heavy rotation on my iPod. Eddie and the Crusers is another good one.

The only ones I have are for all the SW movies and then American Graffiti. The latter has about THE best rock soundtrack of all time. Otherwise I tend to get songs I like on Amazon or something. Oh I forgot I do have the Pulp Fiction soundtrack too.

I don't usually just listen to one like a regular album, but if I want to hear certain parts I do....usually if working on computer - click the iTunes.

And ringtone as usual:D

Just a very few of my faves:

Movies:
Star Trek 1-6, First Contact, Star Trek 2009
The Incredibles
Star Wars I-VI
Superman the Movie
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Commando
Predator
The Ghost and the Darkness
Iron Eagle
Gladiator
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Iron Man I&II
Rent
Phantom of the Opera
The Last Dragon
The NeverEnding Story
Labyrinth
Legend (both the Jerry Goldsmith score and the Tangerine Dream score)
The Avengers
Kick-Ass (both the soundtrack and the score)
Stargate

Television:
Buffy: the Vampire Slayer (all four albums)
Farscape
Dollhouse
Angel: the Series
Stargate: SG-1
Stargate: Atlantis
Robin of Sherwood

Video Games:
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, KotOR I&II, TFU
Noctropolis
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Nocturne
Galactic Civilizations II

Last edited:
I was born in 1975, so Star Wars was the first thing I remember really enjoying (the music). I had the original movie soundtrack on 8-track. I also had the read-along casette and book of The Hobbit cartoon... I guess that counts as a soundtrack. I listened to it so many times I had the entire dialog memorized by the age of 8... I loved the original soundtrack for Annie; don't laugh, I was just a kid! :) I love soundtracks more than anything, because I can listen to a score and imagine what is happening in the film. I am a classical music lover, so most of my favorite soundtracks are orchestral. Some of my favorites include:
Star Wars: A New Hope,
Somewhere In Time,
Schindler's List,
Rustler's Rhapsody,
The Prince of Egypt,
The Lord Of The Rings (trilogy),
Powder,
Pearl Harbor,
A river Runs Through It...
There are many more I like, but I rarely like the entire soundtracks. Usually I love a few pieces and never listen to the rest. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace is a perfect example; Duel of Fates is an awesome piece, but the rest of the soundtrack sucks... :D

I have several soundtracks in my collection. The first one I can recall buying was from Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise (1974). After that, I think I wore out the needle on my record player listening to the soundtracks to Jaws, then Star Wars, and it just grew from there. One of my favorites is the soundtrack to the Coen Brothers' Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, which contains every song used in the movie in the proper order.

Superman Returns had some great stuff and stayed true to the original theme which I love.

The first two Terminators and Salvation are good although the latter all but dumped the original theme.

Wanted is a great one and not the typical Elfman (Burton) feel.

I liked Iron Man but wasnt crazy about the second one. Different composer and they ditched the theme from the frat which I thought was really good.

LotR is a definite.
28 Weeks Later is awesome.
District 9 is another kickass one. Has kind of a Black Hawk Down sound to it.

I have quite a few soundtracks. My first was The Rocketeer (on cassette). I used to buy them all the time, but now days it's just occasionally.

Among my favorites:
- Jurassic Park
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Hackers
- Sherlock Holmes
- Pi

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back