Anyone big into listening to soundtracks?

Well, ramin jawadi is quite good with his soundtrack. I first heard of him in game of thrones, and i think they were amazing. some tracks from season two were really nice, and the main tittle, well, IMHO he brought ASOIAF to life.

I cancelled Sirius / XM when they cancelled Cinemagic. Now it's Pandora and streaming soundtracks.com that provide my background music. Pandora gets old after awhile. Too many repeats.

-Eric

I'm listening to the Oblivion soundtrack now. Love it.

DUDE!!!! I'm gonna get it now. Thanks!!!

ETA: Got it. So far so good. Sounds a little like Vangelis and a little like some of the composers that do trailer music. I like what I'm hearing so far. I love listening to a soundtrack before I see the movie.

I cancelled Sirius / XM when they cancelled Cinemagic. Now it's Pandora and streaming soundtracks.com that provide my background music. Pandora gets old after awhile. Too many repeats.
-Eric

No doubt. I listen to stand-up comedians on there and they repeat the same tracks A LOT!!!

Last edited:
DUDE!!!! I'm gonna get it now. Thanks!!!

ETA: Got it. So far so good. Sounds a little like Vangelis and a little like some of the composers that do trailer music. I like what I'm hearing so far. I love listening to a soundtrack before I see the movie.
It's used very effectively in the film. The visuals and the music are stunning. It reminded me a lot of the music from Tron. There are a lot of retro electronic elements that I enjoy quite a bit.

It's used very effectively in the film. The visuals and the music are stunning. It reminded me a lot of the music from Tron. There are a lot of retro electronic elements that I enjoy quite a bit.

Joseph Trapanese co-composed Oblivion. He is the composer for Tron: Uprising and also worked on Tron: Legacy.

Some part of some of the tracks also sound a little like Mind Heist from the Inception trailer.

Overall it's a pretty awesome score. I just got back from the movie and I definitely liked it. I think maybe one or two parts of the movie the music was almost a little overwhelming for the scene, like the when they're making it in the pool. But overall it fit the flick very well.

Anyone listen to the Iron Man 3 soundtrack yet? Didn't realize they switched composers up again. I wasn't crazy about the second soundtrack... hopefully this one is better.

I grabbed it... so far it sounds like a generic superhero movie soundtrack to be honest. Nothing mindblowing about it. I still prefer the score from the first movie. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Last edited:
I am big on Soundtracks from musicals, ones that were a movie or even those that were not, I also enjoy select songs from movies but with that I find it some times distracting when watching my fave movie or tv show. Speaking of tv shows, I love love many tv show theme songs, like The Rockford Files, A-Team, Quantum Leap, NCIS, Wonder Years and so many more!

Anyone listen to the Iron Man 3 soundtrack yet? Didn't realize they switched composers up again. I wasn't crazy about the second soundtrack... hopefully this one is better.

I grabbed it... so far it sounds like a generic superhero movie soundtrack to be honest. Nothing mindblowing about it. I still prefer the score from the first movie. Maybe it'll grow on me.

3rd one isn't as great as the first...The first I can listen to a lot...But the new one's better than the second films Soundtrack...So that's something?

I rather liked the Amazing Spiderman soundtrack....It was subtle, but rather well done in my opinion...

On the more "upbeat" Superhero side, X-Men - First Class is a rather great one I reckon...Lovely tunes to lift spirits some..

I rather liked the Amazing Spiderman soundtrack....It was subtle, but rather well done in my opinion...
On the more "upbeat" Superhero side, X-Men - First Class is a rather great one I reckon...Lovely tunes to lift spirits some..

Yes on both. Love those two.

Prior to XM cancelling Cinemagic it was my background music as I worked all day.

Now, I listen to Pandora with favorite composers: John Williams, Hans Zimmer,Michael Giachino, etc...

Also, I listen to streamingsoundtracks.com through iTunes. Every now and then it spawns a new purchase.

-Eric

I listen to anything Hans Zimmer. Also if anyone hasn't listened to them, Phantom Power is AMAZING. They make music solely for trailers and they give away the music for free to listen to. Heres the URL.
Phantom Power Music

A lot of people don't understand why I listen to soundtracks and orchestral music only..but oh well!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back