Anyone big into listening to soundtracks?

Ok I have to admit to this one..... Back in the day I used to listen to the Top Gun and Miami Vice sound tracks aaaallllllllll the time. :wacko

Used to? Pfft... I've blown speakers listening to those two soundtracks.

Well then this will make you feel better.

I listened to the Footloose soundtrack so much I wore out the tape. I think I was in elementary school. To me they were just catchy songs. I think my dad was worried I was running around singing, "Let's hear it for the boy."

:)

At least it was the original and not the craptastic remake.

I love the soundtracks played on Supernatural and also 90% of the songs played on House :D

Don't really listen to movie soundtracks although loved the ones from
Crazy Heart :)

Emma

Love listening to the original Conan The Barbarian, The Last of the Mohicans, Gladiator, Batman (1989), Original Superman, Star Wars - all of them, Star Trek and tonnes more.

Soundtracks rule!

David

same as here I like to listen a lot of scores I have on the computer. I've got a lot of files: Breaking Bad season 1-5, Transformers Movies, Star Trek, Mission Impossible, Dredd, Street Hawk, Terminator, Pretender, etc. too many to list them up.

I love the soundtracks played on Supernatural and also 90% of the songs played on House :D
I've never seen Supernatural, but I completely agree with the musical content on House M.D.. In addition to the scores specifically written for the series, the music department did an excellent job finding the perfect songs for their respective scenes.

Last edited:
The Village
Shipping News
Oceans 11 and 13 (not 12 yuk!)
LOTR
JP
Dinosaurs ( the one were they talk, yuk again)
jason borne flicks have good music, dont listen to it while you drive, can be dangerous
We were soldiers

to name a few that i have listened to during the last 48 hrs.

Add me to the soundtrack fan list. But I've always preferred soundtracks to pop music. I love getting the new limited complete soundtracks. I'm starting to hate normal releases that almost always have music missing. I need to pick up the new Intrada Conan soon. I've been listening to The Shadow a lot recently. Looking forward to Caprica (TV Show) that I think is coming out this month.

It will be hard for LaLa Land to top 2012 since it featured some of their best releases ever, and I'm not saying that just as a Star Trek fan. You gotta admit that a lot the work they did on Star Trek: The Motion and the original Star Trek series was phenomenal.

What do you think of that? I like it... it's got some hints of different music, like Terminator I think. If you've ever listened to Stabbing Westward Ungod, I think there are some elements of that in there as well.

A mix of industrial rock, grunge and electronic mash… fitting for Dredd, I like the "She's a pass" of the exclusive unreleased track of Paul Leonard-Morgan, which he put on his site. And as well the offical "She's a pass" after that in the credits and Mega City One.

As much as I hate to admit it, the music on Family Guy is fantastic. Just the sheer amount of music that Walter Murphy cranks out a season is amazing. And as much as I hate myself for even saying this, the Prom Night Dumpster Baby song is darn catchy.

...I'm starting to hate normal releases that almost always have music missing...
I couldn't agree more. I can understand it when they've used so many songs in the movie that they have to release two separate CDs, or a double CD package, but leaving half of the songs out is just lazy to me (and yes, I know it's usually a licensing or financial decision).

I created my own soundtrack CD for The Big Lebowski simply because the official release has songs on it that I don't remember even after having watched the movie countless times, and other more prevalent songs that are missing. So I not only created my version using the songs I remember most, but they're in the correct order as well.

I've never seen Supernatural, but I completely agree with the musical content on House M.D.. In addition to the scores specifically written for the series, the music department did an excellent job finding the perfect songs for their respective scenes.

Yeah agree, the choice of music was amazing - love Bon Iver Stacks, it's now one of my favourite songs :) did you know Hugh Laurie played piano on some of the songs and he is actually a musician who is doing a world tour with a new album out in May?

I'm actually going to see him :D can't wait :)))

Probably my favorite Soundtrack Experience right here. When the 3-Disc set of the complete score for Star Trek: The Motion Picture was announced, it was the happiest and saddest day of my life because I knew that not only was this release of one of my favorite scores going to be super awesome, but no future soundtrack would ever match the greatness that was this release. But LaLa Land being LaLa Land, event that turned out to be proven wrong.

About a month or so before the soundtrack's release, it was announced that there was going to be a special promotion for the soundtrack a whole week before it's release where the Director's Edition of the film would be shown and certain members of the film crew including Jerry Goldsmith's music engineer Bruce Botnick and the blaster beam creator himself, Craig Hundley would be in attendance. The moment I heard that there was going to be "signings" at the event, I had to get in on the action!..... but I had a job and already had my remaining vacation time for a Christmas. So I posted in the film score monthly forum asking if anyone would help me out, and someone responded!

This was such a big deal that I not only paid for his admittance to the event, but also for his own copy of the soundtrack as well. It was one of those things where I thought if I could take care of everything for him, he'll make sure that he gets my soundtrack and the signatures along with it. Well,

signed.jpg

He not only got the signatures of every person at the signing table, he also managed to grab Richard H. Kline's signature! He was the director of cinematography for the film who was also in attendance.

Another cool part about this story was where these signatures were signed. Since the three-disc set packaging doesn't really have an easy means of accessing the front cover artwork, normally the decision is made to have the composers sign on the booklet on the inside. I never liked this because you can't show off the booklet! But thankfully someone misspelled a word when the cover went off to the printers, and LaLa Land sparing no expense decided to print out corrected covers that would be handed out at the event and shipped along with the discs to those who ordered online. So when I got my signed cover, I popped open the original cover and replaced it with the signed one. You couldn't have asked for a series of various events to come out so perfectly.

*blows a kiss in the air*

It was just beautiful. Everything worked out perfectly!

I remember getting my first movie score/soundtrack: it was The Empire Strikes Back... ON VINYL!!! I listened to it a ton.

I had that as well. It was awesome. the gatefold sleeve with the pictures was a great package. If I remember it right, it was a double LP

In recent times, my favorite has been the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack

My favourites are:

Anything and everything by John Carpenter. The man is a genius
The Hitcher (original Rutger Hauer version)
Dust Devil
Hardware
Terminator
Blade Runner
Heat
Anything by Ennio Morricone
The Dark Half
Aliens
The Usual Suspects
The Omen

I have loads of different albums on CD and vinyl going back to the 70s and although I don't listen to them as much as I do 'regular' music, I have frenzied bouts that last several days where I won't listen to anything else.

Anything by Goldsmith, Williams, or Hermann.

I was listening to Logans Run last night.

Classic mix of old school Orchestra and Synth!

Besides many of the composers already mentioned, John Barry has created some fantastic music.

My latest soundtrack purchase was Where Eagles Dare by Ron Goodwin, composer of many war film soundtracks.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back