Iwata HP-CH Airbrush problems and compressor problems

model builder

Hello Everyone

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
I have an Iwata HP-CH Airbrush and it is playing up on me.
When i press the lever down without pulling back paint come out
i have stripped and cleaned it yet it still happens?

Next is my Iwata smart jet pro compressor
when using is it starts to make unusual noises and starts to splutter
as though a car is running out of fuel.
Never used to do this.
Also people wondering i have had these for over 5 years but not hammered
or used all the time so out of warranty i should imagine.

Please could somebody help me

I don't know loads about airbrushes, used one for a little while but a long time ago.

If it's still doing it after a rebuild it might be that the needle is damaged or not closing of the nozzle correctly when the lever isn't being pulled back.

Or possibly there's a seal somewhere down the nozzle end of the airbrush that has perished so that the needle can't close the nozzle off.

Does the airbrush respond as you might expect if you do pull the level back - do you get more paint through, and is it in a uniform pattern?

The compressor, I haven't got a clue - sorry.

wish i could help, air brushes are a mystery to me. i would like to point out the creepiness of the internet, once i came to this page i got flooded with adds for compressed air company's.... "they" are watching us, "they" are everywhere

Sounds like the needle isn't seating properly. Could be some gunk built up in the nozzle (the little brass part, that sits at the front end of the brush), and it's keeping the needle from forming an air-tight seal.

If you're sure it's clean, there could also be a crack in that nozzle as well. Or, the needle isn't pushed as far forward as it should be. Loosen the rear retaining nut, and LIGHTLY tap the needle back, on the table top, to make sure it's as far forward as possible. Hit it too hard, and you'll split the brass nozzle, up front.

As for the compressor, if it takes oil, make sure the level is good. If it's oil-less, it could be a hole in the air intake lines.

-Fred

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back