Big daddy costume

That is Kick-ass!! can you tell me wear you sourced the vest? I've been unable to find that design and was thinking about fabricating it myself (I'd rather not ;))

Thanks guys none of it is foam I made all the armour out of chlorine drums( I'm a lifeguard) I cut slits and folded the panels into position then pot riveted them, the helmet is made from paper machete and fibre glass

The vest is made from webbing, it was a lot of sewing but sounds like it was worth it haha
Great job on the vest and totally worth the effort :thumbsup
You made the helmet :eek! Fantastic:cool, that's a bit beyond my skill so I'll be ordering mine.:lol The trim on the armor is missing from most builds I've seen, did you use bias tape for that (thats my plan)? I don't suppose you have a build thread on this costume?:D

Great job on the vest and totally worth the effort :thumbsup
You made the helmet :eek! Fantastic:cool, that's a bit beyond my skill so I'll be ordering mine.:lol The trim on the armor is missing from most builds I've seen, did you use bias tape for that (thats my plan)? I don't suppose you have a build thread on this costume?:D

Honestly I'm a total novice, with the helmet it was just trial and error, I just studied the photos of big daddy a lot ha ha, for the trim I just used some off cuts of the fabric I used for the cape and glued it on, I don't have a thread but I should still have some photos on my old phone of when I was making the costume, I'll try get them up for you, I'm also a novice when it comes to using this site so bare with me ha ha

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back