Horror stories of mistreated screen used props and wardrobe

batfan10

Sr Member
I once read that someone washed an original game of death jump suit worn by Bruce Lee because they thought the footprint was a stain made way after the movie :wacko

Last edited:
Now think about that for a second.

Some guy with a freakin' HUGE foot walked through some powder and then happened to step right on BL's costume.........right.........

I'd not wash that even if I didn't kno what it was because it would be so funny to show people.

My ex-gf (not strictly because of this incident) threw away what she thought was an empty box when cleaning our basement storage. One of my screen used dwarf swords from Flash Gordon was in there :cry

I guess she missed all of the Propstore stickers, and didn't think to open it and check because "it felt empty". I managed to get another sword and a better girl to marry in the long run... but still feel like I let down the movie universe.

My ex-gf (not strictly because of this incident) threw away what she thought was an empty box when cleaning our basement storage. One of my screen used dwarf swords from Flash Gordon was in there :cry

I guess she missed all of the Propstore stickers, and didn't think to open it and check because "it felt empty". I managed to get another sword and a better girl to marry in the long run... but still feel like I let down the movie universe.

That SUCKS. When I throw out old envelopes I check 'em several times.......I collect lots of flat stuff (posters - cards - pics - etc) and would hate to lose one.

I know a guy that worked at Paramount and he got some boots from Khan......didn't know or care that they may be worth anything(back then) and tore off the extra bits and used them for work boots.

Is it so hard to ask "what's this old thing?" or "why are you keeping this?" rather than just junking something?

And what's the point of getting hold of a screen used item if you're going to ruin/modify it? I guess I can understand something as minor as tanking in a pair of costume pants so they don't fall down at a con, but beyond that..?

And what's the point of getting hold of a screen used item if you're going to ruin/modify it? I.........?

They guy w/ the boots got them during stage teardown.....they used to just take whatever junk was left around if they wanted it......

I've thought that we should find the dump of the studios and go mine it :lol

To funny! :lol

I was wearing mine the other day!

I once read that someone washed an original game of death jump suit worn by Bruce Lee because they thought the footprint was a stain made way after the movie :wacko

Thats how I got a lot of my TNG stuff.

Hey we are going to throw this out you want it?

Hell yeah, don't even ask just save it for me I don't care what it is! :lol

They guy w/ the boots got them during stage teardown.....they used to just take whatever junk was left around if they wanted it......

From what I have been told that stuff buried so deep you would end up in China.

I can tell you this though if I lived in L.A. I would be game to try! :thumbsup

For many years and visible in many Corman films there were two larger than average wooden crates that were used as background, footing for actors to jump on/off, set dressing... They were even tossed off the back of trucks more than once. While one of the crates was being used as a make shift lunch table someone had the curiosity to peek inside and noticed foam and what looked like a model rocket engine. When opened it turns out they hosed space ships from Battle Beyond the Stars. Just days later a Japanese film crew was at the now gone Venice Beach studio filming footage for a James Cameron special and the ships were supposed to be filmed as well.

.........When opened it turns out they hosed space ships from Battle Beyond the Stars. Just days later a Japanese film crew was at the now gone Venice Beach studio filming footage for a James Cameron special and the ships were supposed to be filmed as well.

I remember the lumber yard/stage. Some of those models actually survived. One got restored and was sold off (the Hammerhead one). Not sure of the fate of the others. We had about three of them in our shop for a while. Part of the Hammerhead ship was caked in paint because it had been removed and used as a - I kid you not - a doorknob on a space station set.

Gene

Gene, if you recall the paint shed, thats where the crates were regularly stored, on top of the shed, out in the elements. To get them off the roof, they would just be pushed over the side.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back