Ammclane’s JUDGE DREDD HELMET CONTEST ENTRY

ammclane

Yes, I know I am really late to the show being that there is about a week left for entries to be finished but wanted to throw my hat in the ring anyway.

My idea is a little different than the normal (but based on my previous art). It is a helmet fit not for wearing but for a High Office Desk. As with my previous work, this would be a stained glass helmet desk lamp.

Backstory - it was a gift to Judge Cal by an lowly city official hoping to ingratiate himself as Cal takes over as Chief Judge due to the recent demise of Goodman in the streets.

This replica helmet would sit quietly on Cal's desk as he governs his slaves... and eventually becomes part of his delusions as he falls into madness.

First picture is that of the Pepakura Model I build to work off dimension. Next is for me to start building.

We will see if I get this done in a week. Even if I don't, this is a subject I have had on my to do list so no loss at all.

dreddinprocess1_by_mclanesmemories-d60n1tn.jpg

Well, between family activities I have been able to get in about 8 hours in on the helmet this weekend. I took a different approach and basically began building the glass up freehand. The pepakura was too flimsy to build against so I just started putting pieces together. It seems to be working well to this point.....

A couple more in process pictures.

dreddinprocess2_by_mclanesmemories-d60u50u.jpg

dreddinprocess3_by_mclanesmemories-d60u56u.jpg

With the last picture I found that I may be able to use the paper model after all. I found that the pepakura actually fit in the glass fairly well - a good thing for me and should help me keep the top even.

dreddinprocess4_by_mclanesmemories-d60u5ab.jpg

I have finally finished the helmet. It went smoothly and I am pleased with the results. I have added the finished pictures up at my Deviantart site as well as a compilation in the contest folder.

mclanesmemories.deviantart.com

Here are the last two pictures I have of the building process showing the top half built and the second shows the helmet before the solder is stained.

dreddinprocess5_by_mclanesmemories-d61cokp.jpg

dreddinprocess6_by_mclanesmemories-d61copt.jpg

This is the coolest thing probably ever, and all that done in 4 days!?

You should totally do a run of these in the JY!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back