NECA E.T. Stunt Puppet

Bumping an older thread because I just got one of these for Father’s Day as a surprise from my wife and daughter. My inner 7 year old cried a little not going to lie. For the money this thing is fantastic!

Spent the last week down the rabbit hole to find correct milk crate(found) and BMX(found but WOW $$$, going to have to go build my own replica route).

Wife ordered form BBTS. $4 shipping!

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

I have begun to repaint mine as he was very pale out of the box.

Out of box:
IMG_0567.jpg

With a first pass paint job:
IMG_0573.jpg

Bumping an older thread because I just got one of these for Father’s Day as a surprise from my wife and daughter. My inner 7 year old cried a little not going to lie. For the money this thing is fantastic!

Spent the last week down the rabbit hole to find correct milk crate(found) and BMX(found but WOW $$$, going to have to go build my own replica route).

Wife ordered form BBTS. $4 shipping!

View attachment 1030610
View attachment 1030614

I have begun to repaint mine as he was very pale out of the box.

Out of box:
View attachment 1030611

With a first pass paint job:
View attachment 1030612

Yeah those bikes go for crazy $$ on eBay, even the reissue ones. How did you identify the crate?

Interesting factoid about the E.T. bike from the new book Wild and Crazy Guys by Nick de Semlyen.

8l8WlcejoiwRbBLDv23Z2x1oxg&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-1.jpg

Here's the only Ghostbusters-era photo of Dan on a bicycle I could find.

213M_9in6PFTVILXkOnD_qOlIQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

It's from this same batch of photos allegedly taken outside Stage 3 at Universal Studios, but the facial hair makes me think these might be from Spies Like Us. Though I think Dan's hair was longer in that flick.

ItmBFyqGRJDx21abMzjJ1q--NA&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

Alex

Interesting factoid about the E.T. bike from the new book Wild and Crazy Guys by Nick de Semlyen.

View attachment 1031171

Here's the only Ghostbusters-era photo of Dan on a bicycle I could find.

View attachment 1031172

It's from this same batch of photos allegedly taken outside Stage 3 at Universal Studios, but the facial hair makes me think these might be from Spies Like Us. Though I think Dan's hair was longer in that flick.

View attachment 1031173

Alex

Thanks for sharing! Interesting they painted it white after the movie. Love to own one but they are just so expensive.

My garage sale version I am painting.

IMG_0595.jpg

I don't know for sure if the photo that I found reflects the bike he mentions in the book, but it's still a fun anecdote.

Alex

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back