Hi, new member here!

DeathAngel

Hi guys! I'm completely new to the world of collecting screen-used memorabilia, and I just came across this site for the first time a few days ago.

I thought I'd better join seeing as how I've recently just purchased my first pieces for my collection.

I've always been a collector at heart and my love of collecting coupled with my love of movies seems like a match made in heaven to me! :)

So since I don't actually have my pieces yet , and since I don't have any personal pics to show you I thought I'd post pics of what I ordered from Propstore.

These are the first screen-used collectibles I'm awaiting for my beginning collection:

Hecate Demon (Sarah Peterson) screen used Teeth as seen on Charmed season 1:

Charmed-HecateTeeth3_thmb.jpg

Frank Vitchard's (Luke Wilson) screen used News Team Battle Weapon as seen in Anchorman:

Luke%20Wilson%20Weapon%20Screen%20Matched%202_thmb.jpg
Luke_Wilsons_Screen_Matched_Weapon_2_thmb.JPG

Kyra's (Alexa Davalos) screen used Top & Trousers as seen in The Chronicles of Riddick:

COR-Kyra_dvd2_thmb.jpg
COR-KyraTop&Trousers1_thmb.jpg

These are my first items, and while I may not be able to afford some of the crazy expensive items some of you can, I am tremendously excited to have in my possesion items that were on screen and actually used/worn by some of my favorite actors/actresses.

It doesn't seem real to me and it takes me back to the times I've gone to Planet Hollywood and seen the gems they have behind glass that were used on film.

But now I get to own my own? How's that possible?! :eek

Anyway I hope to be able to contribute to this forum in a positive way, and to see some of your great and incredible collections.

Noah

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the RPF. :)

Just wait till you get bitten by the "make my own" bug----you will never have empty space in your house again. ;)

Welcome.

It's not always about cost........many of us have items we love that were "cheap"

Thank you NCC!

Very true. An item doesn't have to be absurdly expensive in order for it to become a favorite. But I see the prices on some of those REALLY high ticket items and I almost want to faint!!! :lol

Hi and welcome to the RPF. :)

Just wait till you get bitten by the "make my own" bug----you will never have empty space in your house again. ;)

Thanks very much for the welcome Lflank.

Never heard of "make my own" but it's probably the last thing I need to know about. :) I've got my hands full at the moment with these 3 items so yeah... :lol

But empty room in the wallet......

I've become accustomed to having an empty wallet. I've been a fan of Sideshow Collectibles for a long time, but I've decided to shift my collecting habits completely and that's why I'm here. From now, it's screen used or nothing! ;)

Totally agree!

:)

Welcome to the RPF and the world of collecting screen-used props Noah!

Thanks SciFi!!!

Looks to be a great community to be apart of!

Welcome! Yep, it seems unreal that you can own those treasures (if you have the cash and opportunity) in your own home! Like you, I only found out not too long ago, but when you find it out, you're hooked.

Welcome! Yep, it seems unreal that you can own those treasures (if you have the cash and opportunity) in your own home! Like you, I only found out not too long ago, but when you find it out, you're hooked.

Thanks Ron!

Yeah I'm hooked already. I'm going to try to get at least 2-3 pieces a year. Or 1 big thing a year. So at least I'm always adding something. Once my car is paid off, (I have about a year left) I'll be able to purchase more.

Oh and by the way I checked out your collection site and my god to you have an outstanding collection!!! Lots of cool items you've got there. I especialy like your Slyak outfit.

Thanks Ron!

Yeah I'm hooked already. I'm going to try to get at least 2-3 pieces a year. Or 1 big thing a year. So at least I'm always adding something. Once my car is paid off, (I have about a year left) I'll be able to purchase more.

Oh and by the way I checked out your collection site and my god to you have an outstanding collection!!! Lots of cool items you've got there. I especialy like your Slyak outfit.

Thanks a lot! I know what you mean about the Sideshow stuff, I use to buy the premium formats and other replicas, but when I found out you could be actual movie props, I felt like kicking myself thinking I could have spent the money on props!

Welcome Aboard!

Once the bug has bit be ready to be broke!! :lol

Nice start on the collection! :thumbsup

Thanks a lot! I know what you mean about the Sideshow stuff, I use to buy the premium formats and other replicas, but when I found out you could be actual movie props, I felt like kicking myself thinking I could have spent the money on props!

Yeah, I'm a premium format-oholic. I actually just received a new one 2 weeks ago and I have four more on order with Sideshow. But I'm actually thinking of cancelling each and every order and just sticking with screen used collecting. I'm thinking of making Propstore my new Sideshow!!! Why collect replicas when you can collect the real thing?

I still just can't over my excitement though. I mean, an average Joe like me can buy these items?! Items that aren't mass produced (although I know some items have duplicates but usually not into the 1000s like Sideshow's stuff) and that have a rich history?

Premium formats are mass produced and made in china. No real history or legacy whatsoever. They're not film "artifacts" like screen used pieces are...

If something goes wrong and they get broken or destroyed, you can go on ebay and buy another one. If a screen used item gets destroyed, that's it... a piece of film history is forever gone...

Why own a statue of the Terminator when you can buy his actual leather jacket or shades huh?!

These collectibles are truly unique and it's a guarantee that basically everyone's collections will be different since most items are uniquely one of a kind.

I bet it's a real rush to open up a new prop or costume for the first time.

Welcome Aboard!

Nice start on the collection! :thumbsup

Thanks a lot Apollo. :cool

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a premium format-oholic. I actually just received a new one 2 weeks ago and I have four more on order with Sideshow. But I'm actually thinking of cancelling each and every order and just sticking with screen used collecting. I'm thinking of making Propstore my new Sideshow!!! Why collect replicas when you can collect the real thing?

I still just can't over my excitement though. I mean, an average Joe like me can buy these items?! Items that aren't mass produced (although I know some items have duplicates but usually not into the 1000s like Sideshow's stuff) and that have a rich history?

Premium formats are mass produced and made in china. No real history or legacy whatsoever. They're not film "artifacts" like screen used pieces are...

If something goes wrong and they get broken or destroyed, you can go on ebay and buy another one. If a screen used item gets destroyed, that's it... a piece of film history is forever gone...

Why own a statue of the Terminator when you can buy his actual leather jacket or shades huh?!

These collectibles are truly unique and it's a guarantee that basically everyone's collections will be different since most items are uniquely one of a kind.

I bet it's a real rush to open up a new prop or costume for the first time.

Thanks a lot Apollo. :cool

If you go to the bottom of my homepage, I have links to a lot of the different prop stores, though you can't go wrong with Propstore of London. I can personally vouch for them, Screenused, and Movie Prop Warehouse for having perfect transactions through them and excellent customer support. Premiere Props is awful at auction but smooth through their ebay store. Anyone else, I have no comment, as I have only bought through auction or other collectors, not through the other sites.

If you go to the bottom of my homepage, I have links to a lot of the different prop stores, though you can't go wrong with Propstore of London. I can personally vouch for them, Screenused, and Movie Prop Warehouse for having perfect transactions through them and excellent customer support. Premiere Props is awful at auction but smooth through their ebay store. Anyone else, I have no comment, as I have only bought through auction or other collectors, not through the other sites.

Yeah I've heard great things about Screenused as well. I haven't heard about Movie Prop Warehouse so I'll check that one out too.

I've heard horrible stories about Premiere so I've decided that I'm going to just avoid them like the plague.

Welcome to the RPF! Looking forward to seeing all the items you add to your collection in the future :thumbsup
Mine can be seen by clicking my banner below

I edited my original post to show pics of the items as they appeared on-screen. Propstore doesn't have an image for the Hecate Demon teeth though.

Welcome to the RPF! Looking forward to seeing all the items you add to your collection in the future :thumbsup
Mine can be seen by clicking my banner below

I actually noticed your collection the other day Nick. Some unbelievable pieces you got there man! I actually just Tivo'd The Chronicles of Riddick (which will record tomorrow) since I'm really excited to be getting Alexa's shirt and Pants.

I haven't seen the movie in what seems like ages. But I remember REALLY enjoying it.

It's great to see another fan of the Riddick universe. Did you ver play the games? Specifically Butcher Bay?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back