Pulp Fiction Props

Wow! Some great props. I've got a Kangaroo but it got slightly damaged in transit from the US. Can I ask where you got the Jack Rabbit Slims menu from? I'd actually like to create my own rather than buy one but tracking down the artwork would probably be impossible! I'm also looking for the Modestly Blaise book but the exact one is hard to find on Ebay.

Wow! Some great props. I've got a Kangaroo but it got slightly damaged in transit from the US. Can I ask where you got the Jack Rabbit Slims menu from? I'd actually like to create my own rather than buy one but tracking down the artwork would probably be impossible! I'm also looking for the Modestly Blaise book but the exact one is hard to find on Ebay.

Hey NonConform! Thanks for the kind words. For the Jack Rabbit Slim's menu, I just printed out a color copy of the image and laminated it (at a local FedEx Kinko's). See the link below for the image (Note: Post #12 and #16 in the thread are the ones you'll need)...

http://www.therpf.com/f40/pulp-fiction-68228/

As for the Modesty Blaise book, I just stayed diligent with frequent eBay searches and before too long found the one I was looking for (e.g., the Doubleday version of the book with the close-up picture of her face on the cover). Just keep searching eBay and you'll come across one.

Hi Darth_Knight1, thanks for the reply and link. Funny how the menu doesn't have the actual items that Mia and Vincent ordered - the Douglas Sirk Steak and the Durward Kirby Burger. You'd think they would have got that right if they included it with a collectors DVD!

At least it has the Five Dollar Shake and Vanilla Coke.

Thanks again!

Hi Darth_Knight1, thanks for the reply and link. Funny how the menu doesn't have the actual items that Mia and Vincent ordered - the Douglas Sirk Steak and the Durward Kirby Burger. You'd think they would have got that right if they included it with a collectors DVD!

At least it has the Five Dollar Shake and Vanilla Coke.

Thanks again!

Good catch/observation! In all these years of being a Pulp Fiction fan, I have to admit that I never noticed the discrepancy. Too funny!

Have fun creating your menu and feel free to reach out via this thread or PM if you have any questions. I can probably answer a few things, and KurtyBoy and AdamC (both RPF members on the site) are also excellent resources for answers about Pulp Fiction props.

-------

"That's right, that's exactly what it means: God came down from heaven and stopped these muthaf*ckin' bullets!" - Jules Winnfield

Dear Darth_Knight1,
Do you happen to know the model number of that briefcase? It would be verry helpful, seeing as I have alot of ideas kicking around in my head about what to do with it.
Thanks,
zombeastly

autos 006.JPGSweet collection, awesome. My buddy framed this up for me a few years ago.

Dear Darth_Knight1,
Do you happen to know the model number of that briefcase? It would be verry helpful, seeing as I have alot of ideas kicking around in my head about what to do with it.
Thanks,
zombeastly

Looked at my actual briefcase and didn't see a model number. I also went back and checked the description in the old eBay listing but it didn't have a model number either. Sorry.

Just try doing an eBay search for "black Franzen briefcase" or "Franzen briefcase" and you should come across one. I think I only searched for a few weeks before coming across the one I eventually purchased and modded. Good luck!

I'm looking to put together a Pulp Fiction collection and this thread has been a great help. Thanks!

One question; does anyone know anything about syringes? I'm looking for both the one Vincent has for personal use as well as the adrenaline shot. I figure they would be easy enough to find, but does anyone know what size they would be? 10CC? 60ml?

Who made the menu ? would love one of those

It's been a long while, but if memory serves I think I got a PDF of the menu from here on the RPF. All I did was take the file to FedEx/Kinko's and print it out in color, then get it laminated, fold it and voila! If I remember which RPF member (or thread) I got it from I'll post it here.

Last edited:
It's been a long while, by if memory serves I think I got a PDF of the menu from here on the RPF. All I did was take the file to FedEx/Kinko's and print it out in color, then get it laminated, fold it and voila! If I remember which RPF member (or thread) I got it from I'll post it here.

HUGE fan of the movie and that scene Please do that :)

For anyone interested, here's a hi-res scan of the cover for my Modesty Blaise hardback book, warts and all (see below).

Notes:
1) Even though there were later versions/prints of the book, the original 1966 DoubleDay version is the only one with the book cover that Pulp Fiction fans may remember as the same one Vincent Vega was reading when he was on the toilet.

2) Couldn't fit the entire book cover (with fold-over "flaps" as well) onto the scanning space, so that's why there are two different attachments. If anyone wants to print this out to help re-create a Vincent Vega Modesty Blaise prop cover, you'll want to download both attachments, print both out at the correct sizing, and then piece the 2 images together over an existing physical book.

3) Since (at the time of this post) the book cover is 50 years old, you'll see it's stained and has some imperfections. Feel free to print out and use as-is, or if there are any Photoshop afficionados who want to clean up that water stained area (and repost here on the RPF to share with other community members), feel free.

Enjoy!

View attachment ModestyBlaise-1966-DoubleDayCover-BackCover+RightFlap.jpgView attachment ModestyBlaise-1966-DoubleDayCover-FrontCover+LeftFlap.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone interested, here's a hi-res scan of the cover for my Modesty Blaise hardback book, warts and all (see below).

Notes:
1) Even though there were later versions/prints of the book, the original 1966 DoubleDay version is the only one with the book cover that Pulp Fiction fans may remember as the same one Vincent Vega was reading when he was reading on the toilet.

2) Couldn't fit the entire book cover (with fold-over "flaps" as well) onto the scanning space, so that's why there are two different attachments. If anyone wants to print this out to help re-create a Vincent Vega Modesty Blaise prop cover, you'll want o download both attachments, print both out at the correct sizing, and then piece the 2 images together over an existing physical book.

3) Since (at the time of this post) the book cover is 50 years old, you'll see it's stained and has some imperfections. Feel free to print out and use as-is, or if there are any Photoshop afficionados who want to clean up that water stained area (and repost here on the RPF to share with other community members), feel free.

Enjoy!

View attachment 591166View attachment 591167

Thanks again for the scan. Most useful !
I worked a bit on the scan (cleaned some of the stains and re-sized it to fit all)
Here's the file and how it looks on my "physical" book.
Thanks

cover copy.jpg book1.jpg book3.jpg book4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again for the scan. Most useful
A worked a bit on the scan (cleaned some of the stains and re-sized it to fit all)
Here's the file and how it looks on my "physical" book.
Thanks

View attachment 678451 View attachment 678452 View attachment 678453 View attachment 678454

Looks good!! Thanks for posting the cleaned up book cover version. Even though I started this thread several years back, I'm still subscribed and get notifications when people still post/comment. Really cool to see it still helping fellow Pulp Fiction fans.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back