Displaying screen used props question.

soumakis

For those who display their screen used props, do you display them alone or with other memorabilia from the film? Also, if displaying, is it necessary to have the certificate of authenticity somewhere near the item or should it be kept away separately? Thank you.

Depends on the items and how you want to display them. For example, my wardrobe is either on mannequins or in shadow boxes. All of my DOOM items are kept in one area, displayed together, including mannequins and props. All of my COA's are kept in a folder, except for one that was hand written by the director with a sketch drawn at the bottom, which is displayed next to the costume in a frame. If I have multiple items from a movie, I try to at least display them together, but not necessarily in the same frame or shadow box.

Depends on the items and how you want to display them. For example, my wardrobe is either on mannequins or in shadow boxes. All of my DOOM items are kept in one area, displayed together, including mannequins and props. All of my COA's are kept in a folder, except for one that was hand written by the director with a sketch drawn at the bottom, which is displayed next to the costume in a frame. If I have multiple items from a movie, I try to at least display them together, but not necessarily in the same frame or shadow box.

Thanks, what kind of mannequins do you use?

standard cheap ones I bought on line from a random mannequin store. They do the trick though! You can find a whole bunch of different types and styles, just pick one that will work well with what you want to display.

I want to display my wardrobe long term but have heard that the materials made for the store display mannequins aren't archival and will damage the wardrobe material in the long run. Do you display yours only temporarily?

I want to display my wardrobe long term but have heard that the materials made for the store display mannequins aren't archival and will damage the wardrobe material in the long run. Do you display yours only temporarily?

Nope, I only have certain ones displayed, and I change them on occasion, but for the most part, they are always up in my "man cave." I understand the desire to preserve, but with paying for the item, I want to see them everyday until I sell them, trade them, or die. Then my wife will just throw them all away because she could care less lol

I have several screen used items, and I have them on display throughout the house.
All my COAs are kept in a folder on the shelf. I have several on a book case, my helmet is on a Styrofoam mannequin head next to my bed, and I have several on a shelf, and even some framed. Its all up to you on how you want to display it.

I sorta have areas....Trek here....SW there...Terminator...etc. Some COA look like crap and if an item is stolen...the COA is your friend - keep em safe.

I don't like to display the COA- unless it's with a signature and the COA is small- or I just put it behind the frame. I mix it up- but keep the categories/subjects together.

Mine are displayed through out the house, mostly in acrylic cases with no Coas and no identifying literature.

Display them how you feel, but don't keep COA's or provenance's with the item , store them away from prying eyes safely, I always keep a photo of each prop , with the provenance just in case it's lost or stolen as I do lend out my pieces to charity events etc . , Typically if I have more than one item I try to display them together. eg my Indy items , my Alien props , my batman etc etc and costumes always on mannequins., just because it blows people away when they walk into my display room and get confronted with Darth Vader or a Dalek !!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back