How vader belt buckle was attached ?

el chino

Hi

Looking at this pic online, i can`t understand, hope someone with knowledge could give me a hand as to know how this belt buckle was attached in the movie.

beltboxes.jpg

Regards

reminds me of my issued agency police gun belt where you slide the belt through loops in the back of what you place on the belt, in this case the boxes and the belt buckle. If you look to the box on the right and see how it goes through a slot in the back of the box, I would imagine something similar on the back of the buckle, but that is pure speculation.

reminds me of my issued agency police gun belt where you slide the belt through loops in the back of what you place on the belt, in this case the boxes and the belt buckle. If you look to the box on the right and see how it goes through a slot in the back of the box, I would imagine something similar on the back of the buckle, but that is pure speculation.

Nice tip my friend thank you!

hope another fellow member could share some input.

I am nowhere near a SW expert so take this with a grain of salt, but didn't his belt buckle up in the back?

I know what you mean me neither my friend.

This vader project kills me sometimes with the small things.

I wish i could learn more and make my display more accurate, no near to perfection, just above the average.

Once i saw on a pic that the belt buckle has like a rivet behind it, but this other pic is confusing. Is like another piece of the belt behind. Is like the belt was put together using 3 pieces.

beltb.jpg

All im saying is that i know someone that knows this stuff could share some light and help out if there is no bother.

Last edited:
The buckle was fixed firmly on the front of the belt and these belts fastened at the back , I have this from Dave Prowse himself and Sandy Powell his stunt double , who's DV stunt suit I have.

The buckle was fixed firmly on the front of the belt and these belts fastened at the back , I have this from Dave Prowse himself and Sandy Powell his stunt double , who's DV stunt suit I have.

With all due respect, the information you were given is incorrect.
All the screen-used belts for all 3 original films attached exactly the same way.
Also, the same goes for the tie pilots, imperial officers, etc...

The appearance suits (not counting the screen-used originals that were used at times) were different in many aspects to the screen-used components.
Assuming the item you have is genuine in the first place, which without seeing couldn't confirm/deny.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back