Reliant Conversion Kit for the PL 1701-A

SSRN Seaview

Seeing the thread on that excellent Deboer Reliant build by Tim Ketzer.........

Anybody know if such an item is in the works? I know that prior to the ERTL release several garage kits existed for turning your MPC/Ertl 1701-A into an Reliant class.

I have heard of 2 kits form differennt sources in the works. None are ready for prime time yet though. When they're ready I'm sure you'll be able to find them...

Jedi Dade

Yep. We are working on one. It willactually be a full kit, especially with RC2 announcing they are discontinuing the PL line. So far I think March is a good time frame. We hope to have som eprogress pictures up in a few weeks. Our fabricator (Hotshot) plans to do some more work on her over the next 2 weeks.

Scott
AW Studios

Really a profound shame that PL is discontinuing the line; they were some of the best Trek models ever made, IMO. Other models in that scale and with that level of detail would have been amazing. Glad to hear there will be a Reliant, though.

The latest rumor is that the PL line will be rebranded as an AMT/ERTL kit - so it MIGHT still be available in the future. I'll beleive this particular rumor when I see the kit with an ERTL lable on it :unsure

Jedi Dade

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vaderman1701 @ Dec 28 2006, 04:59 AM) [snapback]1385565[/snapback]</div>
Yep. We are working on one. It willactually be a full kit, especially with RC2 announcing they are discontinuing the PL line. So far I think March is a good time frame. We hope to have som eprogress pictures up in a few weeks. Our fabricator (Hotshot) plans to do some more work on her over the next 2 weeks.

Scott
AW Studios
[/b]

Excellent news... Any inkling on a ballpark price?
Thanks
Rich

She'll be about 200-250. She'll be huge. and she'll include a shuttlebay on both sides, shuttles, and arboreatum deck, and an internal lighting harness. I'm currently finishing up the body, and will be starting the pylons and rollbar next week.
Here's what else we have in the works:
1/350 Stargazer
1/350 dreadnaught conversion
1/350 Belknap conversion
1/400 Red October
1/32 Sebubla's Podracer
Ertl Falcon ANH conversion/accuracy kit(full engine piece.)
Ertl Snowspeeder cockpit conversion with pilots

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back