Mystery Blaster Rifle - Can you help identify it?

ScienceBob

Hi all,
So I'm hoping you can help solve this prop mystery for me.... Pictured below is a prop blaster I have, that, as far as I can tell, was heavily modified from a Super Soaker. It was purchased from a prop collector in 2004, but he couldn't remember what production it was made for. It has three working switches on the side that light up various parts of the blaster, lots of machined metal parts, and a rechargeable 12 volt battery in the back part of the gun that lights up the nozzle with a halogen light when the trigger is pressed. There also seems to be a few parts missing from the top.

Anyone recognize this guy? I'd love to connect it with a production, and it's been bugging me for some time now.

-Bob

soakergun.jpg

Reminds me of some Peacekeeper weapons from Farscape, but I could be wrong. Any other info? Where in the world was the guy you got this from, where did he get it?

He got it from another collector who originally thought it was an unused prop "man hairdryer" made for Home Improvement. I showed it to Warren Shaffer, the Home Improvement Propmaster, but he did not recognize it.

THAT'S My (Mystery) Prop! lol jk, :)

but in all seriousness, that thing looks awesome, though I have no idea where it came from

Have to love mystery scifi gun props. I have some too. Some are just meant to stay in the unknown production, fan creations, or prototype categories forever it seems.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back