Empire Strikes Back question --

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
So toward the beginning of the film when Han and Leia are in the corridors of the Hoth Rebel Base - it goes something like this

INT ICE CORRIDOR - REBEL BASE - HOTH

Han strides down a corridor carved from the ice. Leia
follows quickly, agitated.

LEIA

Han!

Han stops in the quiet corridor and turns to face Leia.

HAN
Yes, Your Highness?

LEIA
You said you were going to stay.
What happened?

HAN
That bounty hunter we ran into
on Ord Mantell changed my mind.

Was that bounty hunter Boba Fett? Have there ever been any books or comics that say who the Bounty Hunter was?

Hey Jet, what up? :cool

I know next to nothing about the EU, but I do recall a buddy of mine who is familiar with the EU telling some time ago that the Bounty Hunter was Bossk, the guy who looks like the Gorn Kirk fought in "Arena". Bossk appears in ESB briefly, in the line up of Bounty Hunters being addressed by Darth Vader. He even has a line, if you can call it that. lol

I could be wrong, but that is my recollection.

The Wook

Dang - I was hoping it was Fett - would have been cool to find out he'd been tracking him longer than the movie implied.

And yeah Wook, I remember Bossk - he's the only other Bounty Hunter besides Fett who gets lines in that scene - course his line (or lines) are "Wrrrashhhii rrrrhhee" - which as we all know means "Don't make me over in 20 years with computer Mr Lucas."

And yeah Wook, I remember Bossk - he's the only other Bounty Hunter besides Fett who gets lines in that scene - course his line (or lines) are "Wrrrashhhii rrrrhhee" - which as we all know means "Don't make me over in 20 years with computer Mr Lucas."

:lol

So much for my EU knowledge. :facepalm

I think I was confusing stories. Now that I think about it, my buddy told me that Bossk and Chewie get in a huge cantina fight in the EU. Something like that. I dunno, maybe I'm imagining that, too. Crap, I'd better just stick to Canon storylines.

The Wook

There's also the Dark Horse comics Star Wars collections that collect the Goodwin/Williamson comics from the early 80s into bound volumes. The character Skorr appears at the start of the series in the very first issue. In the early 90s, these were reprinted as single issues in Classic Star Wars. I have the whole run. Great stuff.

There were at least three completely different Ord Mantell tellings in the EU...before it was even called an EU. The LP adventure Lost21stJedi mentioned, the newspaper comics solo mentioned, and the Marvel comics as well...

I would think it was just a generic aside. No different to saying
"that Police Officer" or "That Taxi Driver"

Dont forget also that ESB featured the first heavy use
of Bounty Hunter characters, and this was probably a writing device
to place the character type into the subconcious.

A pay off for later if you will.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back