Oubliette thermal detonator build with custom sound board

erv

It took me a while to complete due to the prep work required for that prop :behave

anyhow, still imperfect but I had to stop somewhere I guess. I customized it a bit, changed the sliding element, used some actual caterpillar parts for the top grip. I also machined my own bezels to have something closer to the actual prop look (source : MR TD and parts of starwars)

The red lamp is a functional switch. I designed a custom sound board specially for the occasion, for which I wanted to have enhanced interactivity with the prop. As a result, and with the help of Genesis Custom Sabers and Eastern57, we designed several sound fonts, some being "classic" (just the TD sounds), others with added features. The video below demonstrate 2 variants, one being more or less a sequel of the MR version, the other one has motion sensing enabled for both moves and shocks.

The rub-n-buff showed good results, once the part has been cleaned and primed.
[excuse the finger print marks on the coin, forgot to clean it before shooting the video... :$ ]

Erv_TD_08.jpg

There here's the final result. I made a stand that embeds also the charger and can be used as the kill key (TD uses a rechargeable 16340 li-ion battery). I used the coin as an insert on the stand base 8)

Still shiny despite of the weathering, but less of course than freshly buffed

Erv_TD_16.jpg

Erv_TD_17.jpg

Erv_TD_18.jpg

Erv_TD_19.jpg

Erv_TD_20.jpg

VIDEO !
Thermal Detonator with working electronics and sound - YouTube

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back