Marceline's Adventure Time Axe Bass

DarkJedi1500

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A friend of mine was asking how to build Marceline's axe from Adventure Time.

Marceline_go_with_me by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

She helped me with the Dalek's scarf, so I offered to make it for her. The bass was made in 10 nights (I was out of town on the weekends) and is made from MDF, foam, and paper mache consisting of Mog Pog and tissue. You can read the full process on our blog here:

2StoryProps: Marceline's Axe Bass (Adventure Time)

DSCN9556_edited_2SP by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

DSCN9562_edited_2SP by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

DSCN9566_edited_2SP by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

DSCN9567_edited_2SP by 2StoryProps, on Flickr

Gorgeous. Weep-worthy. I can't beleive this is a real thing. I wish I had the powers to do something like that.

You have the power!

If you read the blog, you'll see it was made out of the common prop building mateirals (foam, MDF, bondo, etc). In fact the only ordered parts were the tuners and the knob on the back for the strap.

This was a very simple props and I knocked it out in ten days. With a little bit of patience I'm sure you can rock out with your own.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

That's great! I had to give it a double take to tell if it was a functioning bass guitar,hehe. :thumbsup

I've given some thought to a working one, but the big problem is I don't know how to play guitar, so the specs and styles would all be meaningless to me when selecting hardware.:cry

I've given some thought to a working one, but the big problem is I don't know how to play guitar, so the specs and styles would all be meaningless to me when selecting hardware.:cry

Use the force, erh, internet.
Leo Fender couldn't play and neither can I, but I did learn how to build guitars. Everything is on the internet, woodworking, wiring, string selection. The hardest part would be making a reinforced(trussed) neck, but you could buy one if can find a close enough head stock.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back