Any advice on making this costume?

Egon Spengler

Master Member
g_photo03.jpg

My girlfriend is interested in this costume and very into the film. I'd love to be able to find info on this and possibly make it for her or help her make it at least :)

Originally posted by DarkLordVader@Dec 9 2005, 06:03 AM

My girlfriend is interested in this costume and very into the film. I'd love to be able to find info on this and possibly make it for her or help her make it at least :)

Hey there. I know some of the gals at another board discuss the costumes from the movie (and I think a few other versions of the story... I've only seen one tv version of it a long time ago and haven't seen the new movie or a broadway version or anything else, so I can't help personally)

http://www.trulyvictorian.netfirms.com//ph...phpbb/index.php

Some of the thread titles are "Wishing Gown", I think there are a few discussions of the costume/s using the title of that particular outfit.... (I really don't follow the Phantom discussions, so I apologize if I can't be of more help).

Truly Victorian itself may have some patterns for sale you could use.. they do carry a corset although that corset you have pictured above is an under the bust version and the Laughing Moon is an over the bust, but you could probably draft the changes.

It's a start at least.. sorry I can't be of more help :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back