Iron Man Foam build ... sanding advice??

Xyranthin

So I decided, thanks mostly to xrobots and stealth, to try my hand at making an Iron Man suit out of foam and casting it in plastic. Last year I built a Master Chief suit in Pepakura and though it looked decent it had some flaws. I hope to do better with this suit. I am currently beginning the casting process and I wanted to know if anyone had any sanding tips? I know it will come down to a lot of time and elbow grease but any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

(attached is a picture of the suit in foam and the helmet during the PVA coating process)

I should have been more specific in my post lol sorry. I meant sanding the polyerethane once I cast it. I haven't made the casts yet but when I do I am going to have a lot of details to touch up and wanted to know what the best methods were? Do people use sandpaper by hand, an electronic sanding pad, a dremel etc. How do you make sure the corners are crisp?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back