Adventure Time Gold Sword

Talkingcurtain

Hi guys, I recently got a scroll saw and belt sander and wanted to try out something simple. I whipped up Finn's gold sword because the shape is pretty basic and I figured if I messed up it wouldn't be a big deal. I was just wanted to share and get any feedback you might have regarding wood working or sword making. Thanks in advance

tsPvtQG.jpg
FzcUeSG.png

PGWntxB.jpg

That looks neat! and nice job adding all the dents & scratches and stuff

... PS: the sword is called Scarlet

Hehe,nice. I'd love to see real world interpretations of the Adventure Time swords.

EDIT: First post being an Adventure Time prop....YES! :popcorn :thumbsup Mathematical!

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. it is made out of a 3/4" thick piece of poplar. I added a few more 1/4" piece to the guard and slapped on the paint. I'm really happy with how the paint job turned out, I wanted it to feel like you pulled it out of the TV.

The crystal sword, demon sword, and deadric sword from skyrim are all at various stages of development at the moment, I'll post when they are done.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back