Bob Dullam Joker Bust feedback!, Received with thanks Bob!

Hi All,
I am quite new to the site but not to painting and sculpting.
Just wanted to post some progress on my Joker Bust from Bob, thanks Bob its great!
Wanted to build up the skin tone with layers, apply hair then add the make up! Want to go with maybe the fresh make up or maybe another interrogation scene make up?
Would appreciate some feedback and some suggestions on how to apply the hair to a resin bust? :confused

Hi All,
I am quite new to the site but not to painting and sculpting.
Just wanted to post some progress on my Joker Bust from Bob, thanks Bob its great!
Wanted to build up the skin tone with layers, apply hair then add the make up! Want to go with maybe the fresh make up or maybe another interrogation scene make up?
Would appreciate some feedback and some suggestions on how to apply the hair to a resin bust? :confused

Hi mate are you Adam by any chance ??

Looks awesome by the way. eyes look great :)

Hi mate are you Adam by any chance ??

Looks awesome by the way. eyes look great :)

Hi Matt
Yes it is Adam! How are you :)
thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated!
Ordered the hair today so should be able to get started on it this week and will update my post!
I have an idea of how to attach the hair but I would appreciate some ideas or info from someone in the know?

Last edited:
Hi Matt
Yes it is Adam! How are you :)
thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated!
Ordered the hair today so should be able to get started on it this week and will update my post!
I have an idea of how to attach the hair but I would appreciate some ideas or info from someone in the know?

Haha thought so. Im good thanks :) Looking great so far. Its an awesome sculpt isnt it.
which hair did you go for ?
Im waiting for 2 wigs to turn up for my other joker ...going to chop them and try and achieve the right style.
I used gorillar gue on mine. works well and can be brought in homebase and tesco i think.
what paints you using ? be nice to know if you are getting them local. I only have hobbie craft close by.

Haha thought so. Im good thanks :) Looking great so far. Its an awesome sculpt isnt it.
which hair did you go for ?
Im waiting for 2 wigs to turn up for my other joker ...going to chop them and try and achieve the right style.
I used gorillar gue on mine. works well and can be brought in homebase and tesco i think.
what paints you using ? be nice to know if you are getting them local. I only have hobbie craft close by.

Thanks, might have to try that glue!
I just use the basic acrylic paint they have at Hobby Craft they have a great range! I also use the Tamiya paint they have some great washes and glosses.

Hi Guys,
Thought I would update you on how I am getting on, hair arrived and I am starting to apply to the bust.
Let me know what you all think hoping to get the hair done today then I think it my need a trim :D

Hi Guys, I have added the hair and i am quite pleased with how it turned out:) my need a trim thought, not sure? Need the get some green hair colour and then how to have the make up look? Fresh or messed up? :unsure

Not many people can pull off applying hair to a resin bust, however you did it perfect. Simply amazing work. Looks great.

~Reel

Can you describe your hairing (hair=verb???) processes or point us to a description you may have previously posted?

Beautiful work and I vote for messy makeup! He embodies anarchy, after all!

How many layers did it take to apply the hair? Just curious, I have a Fettster Joker that needs the same done.

~Reel

Do like the Fettster joker! I used a full head wig, and cut it of in small bunch's/sections, the length of the wig hair was 24" and then cut it in half in to 2x 12" lengths and stuck it randomly over the head making sure not to leave any gaps, did not really apply in layers. Hope this helps, let me know if you need to know anything else :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back