Die Hard 1 Prop Replicas

IndyFanChuck

Sr Member
So I'm working on a Die Hard 1 prop replica display, and I'm using the first Die Hard movie props only.

I don't have a single one yet. Any suggestions on where I should begin. What props come to mind when you think of the movie? Share what you got!

:)

The detonators would be a cool idea. Maybe a Nakatomi Plaza plaque as well (pretty distinctive design). I've seen a few cool displays with McClanes dirty singlet, badge and shoulder hosted pistol on a mannequin bust as well :thumbsup

My collection. Take your pick.

Dsc03935.jpg

Dsc03937.jpg

I have a screen used detonator. I need to source the materials one of these days. On top of all the other stuff I need to do. :lol

This is a superb replica "Ho-Ho-Ho" jumper.

Very close to the original writing and the best one I found and bought on a certain auction website (you know the one)

diehardmachinegunjumpersmall_zpsc1b8daa9.jpg

diehard_zpse32842c3.jpg

A must for all Die Hard fans!

=M=

Last edited:
The European Cigarettes???

Hanz has a nice H&K pistol if I remember correctly???

Holly's watch???

Twinkies would need to be resin. Contrary to popular belief they don't last any longer than any other pastry.

I tried the C4 long time ago... Not the best result, but looks ok in the display...

Die-Hard-1988-movie-props.jpg

And yeah, I stole all my other ideas from jedifyfe... :lol

I would say start with the gun (Beretta 92F), the lighter (zippo, brass silver I think), wallet with police badge. Radio is cool, too...

I still try to get a good graphic for the Die hard 3 baseball game... I found the original font of the New York letters inside, but the other partis not as easy as it looks...

Good luck... would be cool to see some pics, if you made some progress...

Did anyone ever positively ID the vest? Was it a ribbed one or smooth? I remember somebody mentioning the Hanes brand as a good match but nothing I've seen seems to have the low-cut arm-holes...Jedifyfe..?

I'm pretty certain the undershirt (vest) is ribbed. Never noticed the low cut arm holes before. I always just thought Bruce wore them a size bigger as the neck seems really low on him.

Hmmm...

Just made a SUBSTANTIAL purchase of the bulk of the items I am going to need for my John McClane DHWAV display. It truly is going to be awesome (I hope at least haha).

Will post pics of it once I am done!

Pieces of blood stained glass?

A pistol with Christmas themed gift tape?

Framed family picture?

German cigarettes?

Edit:
I see some of those items are in the picture above. Nice!

Don't forget the pictures of the girls on the elevator shaft wall.

Depending on what rating your display will be, of course.

;)
Jon

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back