Red Dwarf

fink

Just uncovered a prop....or bit of a prop that I'd completely forgotten I had.
Lets start with the background.
Way back in 1996 ish I was doing my Degree in Model Making at St Albans College of Art and Design....(Later to become Hertfordshire University) As part of the course we had the opertunity to do some work experience for the BBC prop and visual effects department. I worked on a pretty lame TV show, but I did get to do some work in the BBC's special effects workshop. While working there, I came across a plastic bin...filled with junk....to cut a long story short, the junk was in fact the studio model of Red Dwarf. I did what any Prop officiando (not to mention university student would do) and snaffled a bit....putting it in a box and prompty forgetting all about it.
Well I uncovered the said box a few months ago and now have a pretty rare prop to show off.
Its actually a bit of the ship that you see on the intro fly over...which makes it even better.
I'll just go find the pics and post them on here if anyone wants to see.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/wp20130310002.jpg/

Last edited:
Well kept...even rarer now I'd say...we binned about 20 pieces like that when we refurbed the Red Dwarf miniature for Series X. Yours looks like a nice keepsake.

Last edited:
That is really Kool I loved red dwarf and seeing that want to see some eps
Thanx for sharein made me smile on this grey day in southern Ontario

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back