ScreenUSed Auction is tomorrow, Saturday, March 9th

I looked a few and laughed at what they were now. i bid on something small and already got blown out of the water. no biggie cause i got something lined up else where

I don't know, I only really wanted 1 item, which I was winning at $400. Since I was going to be at work during the auction, I put a very high maximum bid in case someone tried to outbid me and I couldn't respond, but my item came up right before I had to leave for work so I got to see the action for it. The auction, though I was at the high bidder for $400, automatically started at my maximum bid of over $1K with no competing bids to reach that. That doesn't seem very legitimate practice to me, unless I'm missing something. Definitely questioning things now.

I really feel slighted now, as that high bid was only defense for a bidding war, not for them to just jump to it because it was there. If that's the case, I'll just stop bidding on their auctions unless it is a minimum bet.

I don't know, I only really wanted 1 item, which I was winning at $400. Since I was going to be at work during the auction, I put a very high maximum bid in case someone tried to outbid me and I couldn't respond, but my item came up right before I had to leave for work so I got to see the action for it. The auction, though I was at the high bidder for $400, automatically started at my maximum bid of over $1K with no competing bids to reach that. That doesn't seem very legitimate practice to me, unless I'm missing something. Definitely questioning things now.

I really feel slighted now, as that high bid was only defense for a bidding war, not for them to just jump to it because it was there. If that's the case, I'll just stop bidding on their auctions unless it is a minimum bet.

Doom Chainsaw? :)

I got outbid as well.

Doom Chainsaw? :)

I got outbid as well.

Unless someone bid it up that high out of nowhere right before the auction, and I'll wait to see the bidding increments before I make a decision, it jumped up $800 without any bidding war to get there. It jumped from my bid to my own maximum bid, which was only in place in case there WAS a bidding war. Like I said, though, I'll wait until I see the final bidding, because maybe there was something I missed.

On Screenused's first auction I won a few items with minimum bids, but the only thing I really wanted and to fight for was Ajax's battle hammer from Troy. The entry bid was $500 and I put a maximum bid of $1k. No one else bid, and I won it for $500. With the Doom chainsaw, what it APPEARED to me was that instead of starting at the bid that I was winning with, it jumped up to the maximum bid as the first bid.

i won something and no 1 bid on it . so got it for strting bid,my first online auction well chuffed. Theres 2 more things i have my eye high end stuff see what happens. Wife wont be pleased lol :facepalm:facepalm

Don't feel slighted Theron. Someone else probably put in a high absentee bid. That happens quite a bit.

Say there is an auction item that is listed with an estimate of $100-$200 and the item starts at $100. Two people put in $900 bids. The item would then start at $900 without going back and forth. Additionally, the person who put in the $900 bid first would have the bid. The second person who put in their $900 bid after would have to counter with the next higher bid increment.

It should also be mentioned that on these online auctions, including, LiveAuctioneers, i-collector, ArtFact, etc, that the auction house has no idea what a persons high bid is. They only see what we see, which is the current highest bid.

Don't feel slighted Theron. Someone else probably put in a high absentee bid. That happens quite a bit.

Say there is an auction item that is listed with an estimate of $100-$200 and the item starts at $100. Two people put in $900 bids. The item would then start at $900 without going back and forth. Additionally, the person who put in the $900 bid first would have the bid. The second person who put in their $900 bid after would have to counter with the next higher bid increment.

It should also be mentioned that on these online auctions, including, LiveAuctioneers, i-collector, ArtFact, etc, that the auction house has no idea what a persons high bid is. They only see what we see, which is the current highest bid.

A few weeks ago the minimum bid was $300 and I placed a bid of $300 with a maximum bid of $1200 as I did not wish to lose it and didn't think I would catch the auction live. That number was an emergency number in case of a bidding war, so I am willing to pay it if I got bid up. A week ago someone bid $350 and my max bid automatically bid it up to $400 with me still in the lead. There had been no other bids on the item up until it came up for auction as I still had the high bid at $400. But when it came up for auction, it started at my maximum bid of $1200. Maybe I'm missing how absentee bids work, but the absentee bid would have already been placed and bumped my bid up prior to the auction, as the $350 bid did.

Super annoyed that I have been trying all day to log into the live auction app and it just hangs on "connecting."

got sweaty hands just a sec ago hand to back of @ $1300 on the sam worthington terminator costume wanted that so bad, Be nice to know who won it
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Congrats! That's an awesome piece. I put some pre-bids on it but they got blown out of the water quickly lol.

Paid a little more than I wanted but I love the idea of a "vs" setup between Greek and Trojan helmets since it is unlikely that I will be able to put together a complete Myrmidon costume.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back