Brisbane Australia social & community 2013 subscribe to this thread!

I will be there, do we bring props/costumes along?.

Yes, if you've got something you want to show off bring it. :)

Would like to go, but that date has been? xD

Hmm, turns out I really am living in the past. :facepalm 17th of August better for everyone?

YES, I'M COMING TO JOE'S SATURDAY 17TH OF AUGUST FROM 11(ISH)

Juliet76 ('Cause I live there)
Bodie27 +2
Sleepless

Anyone else in seeing as it's now a future event? ;)

Got another one. Rue, who I'm currently working on a broadsword for. :)

Bodie27 +2
Sleepless
Rue

Mark me in as 'really wants to go, but depends on other things' ;p
I'll let you know next week!

What are people to bring if they do come?

Hi, Im another one from the Brisbane Redback Garrison (501st), and have about 10 different props on the go (all star wars related, but includes DLT-19 blaster build, HIC lifesize, display board for the 3 types of han blasters, mannequins, 501st costumes, etc) . Good at starting them but bad at finishing, you know how it is. Don't think I can make the party but wanted to say hi, and I'll keep in touch.

Got another one. Rue, who I'm currently working on a broadsword for. :)

Bodie27 +2
Sleepless
Rue
2 questions -
1. North or Southside?
2. Be alright to come along in the afternoon? I have to work until 4 but would like to meet some members and see some stuff. I am happy to bring some stuff I have on the day.

...Don't think I can make the party but wanted to say hi, and I'll keep in touch.

Hey dino, make sure you do. ;)

Mark me in as 'really wants to go, but depends on other things' ;p
I'll let you know next week!

What are people to bring if they do come?

It'd be great if you could make it, there's so much we've been meaning to discuss after all. Bring whatever you want to drink, we'll provide some nibblies. Also bring any projects you want to show off. I know a lot of your stuff is comission work so throw pics on a USB stick or bring your MAC if you like. :)

2 questions -
1. North or Southside?
2. Be alright to come along in the afternoon? I have to work until 4 but would like to meet some members and see some stuff. I am happy to bring some stuff I have on the day.

1. Kedron, on the northside.
2. Honestly I have no idea how long we'll go for. I can PM you my contact details and you can give me a call to see if we're still going by then if you'd like?

To discuss props and prop building and everyting that goes along with it.

Bodie27 +2
Sleepless
Rue
Nerfenstein (Maybe)

North side works better for me as I will be working on the north side on that day and not too far away either. So please do PM me.

PM's sent out with contact details to everyone on the list. Any problem's/questions/suggestions give me a yell.

To discuss props and prop building and everyting that goes along with it.

Juliet76 +1 ('Cause we live there)
Bodie27 +2
Sleepless
Rue
Nerfenstein (Maybe)
Carvx (Maybe/late)

As much as I would love to be there, the commute is a wee bit long, but have fun any way peeps:cheers

Just like the old Serenity Oz Shindig days isn't it? I'll try and take some pictures for ya. ;)

Just a reminder to everyone not to get too dressed up, we will be in the workshop and I was thinking maybe we could tinker around a bit, so there's saw dust & oil & coolant all over the joint. Hmm, speaking of which I guess I better clean up some.

Hope everyone can still make it, see you all tomorrow! :)

Sleepless has being and gone, meaning this was parked out the front of our house-

Rue can't make it due to car troubles. Who else will turn up? Only time will tell...

Hey Juliet76, thanks for the invite and wow what a clean and well equipped workshop you have. I so want a work space like that.

A big thanks to Sleepless & Cavx for coming over on Saturday, it was great to get to meet and talk props with some fellow RPFers. We'll have to do it again and hopefully life won't get in the way next time so more of us can attend. ;)

P.S. Glad you both liked the workshop! :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back