J Scorn's JUDGE DREDD HELMET CONTEST ENTRY

J Scorn

Sr Member
hello party people.

first off, some lore about this build...

mega city 1 has its law enforcement officers 'Judges' whom pass swift justice at the scene. When crowds or gangs overwhelm the Judges.....

...they send in the RIOT JUDGES.

based on a simple design, this helmet is not not too dissimilar from the standard Judge helmet in shape. However its build has high impact areas to protect the wearer from fire attacks and projectile damage.

DSC_2778_zpsd5142afc.jpg

so far, 2 hours into the build, i hand crafted the 1:1 scale using 2 bar corrugated cardboard, all the sections are done free hand as is the chin guard.

Awesome, you have excellent talents with corrugated cardboard..! I like the idea too, can't wait to see how it will turn out!

awesome !! are you using any type of bracing inside so everything keeps its shape ?

ive got a few plans im toying with. first is making sure this is DONE before april! then im taking the jaw guard off (once the detail is done) and prepin a mould to do the lid section in carbonfibre. i used to make motorbike fairings this way so i have alot of skill in it.

DSC_2779_zpsf1170171.jpg

update time.

so played with some style designs, i wanted to keep it simple without going right over the top at the same time do alot to make it unique to RIOT JUDGES, the lines and shapes need to be matching so it doesn't look like an ugly extension.

your thoughts please.

Looking great so far! Loving the added little details. :thumbsup

cheers, as ya know with a concept idea that's not a copy of an existing piece, its a very fine line to either over do something with too many details... or not change something enough to make it unique.. lets see what happens.

I'm not sure how much the face portion is going to weigh once everything is built up, but it looks like a chin strap is a good idea in this particular helmet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back