Star Trek TOS Hero Communicator Located?

Roger Ramjet

Sr Member
An announcement was made this morning over at the Trek Prop Zone forum that one of the 2 hero Communicators used on the series has been located by herocomm.com.

Can it be?

Roger

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Dec 20 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]1381578[/snapback]</div>
That is a subject of considerable (and overly heated) debate over at ASAP.
[/b]

Actually, there is little debate over this at ASAP as a mod or mods are deleting posts they don't agree with.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Archie Opteryx @ Dec 20 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]1381594[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Dec 20 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]1381578[/snapback]
That is a subject of considerable (and overly heated) debate over at ASAP.
[/b]

Actually, there is little debate over this at ASAP as a mod or mods are deleting posts they don't agree with.
[/b][/quote]

Classic ASAD.

GREAT discovery by the way..

Jhusel

There, as in here, it is not a matter of deleting based on the opinions expressed but rather the manner in which they are expressed. It's all about behavior.

Enough of that, now back to the communicator.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Dec 20 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]1381603[/snapback]</div>
There, as in here, it is not a matter of deleting based on the opinions expressed but rather the manner in which they are expressed. It's all about behavior.

[/b]

I'll COMPLETELY disagree with you on that, but will respect your opinion on that matter.

So, can anyone post any pics of this comm here?

Jhusel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Dec 20 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1381603[/snapback]</div>

[/b]

I disagree. I questioned and commented on the deletion of posts; there was no accusation or disrespect, and my posts have been deleted. But no matter, that's ASAP, this is the RPF, and I spend a lot more time here than there for obvious reasons, some of which are noted in this thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Archie Opteryx @ Dec 20 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]1381594[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Nothing new there.

One helluva find if it is genuine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Dec 20 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1381669[/snapback]</div>
please drop the ASAP thing
[/b]

In fairness, your post brought it up for debate when you wrote:

"There, as in here, it is not a matter of deleting based on the opinions expressed but rather the manner in which they are expressed. It's all about behavior."

To not expect some sort of reply is a little unreasonable, isn't it?

It has little to do with behavior there. They simply delete and edit when questioned; period.

That's just the way it is, there. Cool topic just the same. :thumbsup

So, what exactly is the hero communicator anyway? I'm curious as to what all the exitement is all about...and NOT all the drama. Any pictures of them ?

All I was saying that there is debate about the communicator. You all are debating about the debate. Six posts worth.

KNOCK IT OFF.

Start talking about the damn communicator. You have opinions about that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(greatwazoo42 @ Dec 20 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]1381615[/snapback]</div>
Man oh man, this find is one hell of a Christmas present. I do hope it's a true hero among the originals and not a clever fake.
[/b]

I wonder if carbon dating comms is in order these days. :p

Carbon dating is only for testing to see when post-organic matter ceased being alive.

The whole furvor is because there are a set of communicators that was made for the orignal Star Trek series. Two of them had stop watches installed so the moire moved and were made prettier than the others so they could be used in close ups. Since the props were built over 40 years ago and most vanished to the winds after the old Star Trek wrapped.

As for ASAP...there's a reason I refuse to go there anymore and it's been posted here.

There...I think that covers everything being discussed in this thread.

Here's one that was reposted "elsewhere". As far as I know it's okay to post; if someone knows otherwise please let me know.

Alpha-Inside1.jpg

All we have is "word on the street" that herocomm.com will be posting pics and info soon. That's all I know.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back