Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
    Dec 9, 2016, 9:27 AM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #76

Mark, I fully understand those words ''when finished'' Same thing with my Space Station!
    Feb 1, 2017, 6:31 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #77

[QUOTE=joberg;4138747]Mark, I fully understand those words ''when finished'' Same thing with my Space Station![/QUOTE
    Thanks Joberg. I know you can appreciate my paine.....whew. Where's Sybok when you need him....]

February Updates - 2017

SO WHAT HAPPENED TO DECEMBER AND JANUARY????????
    Uh..... I dunno..... Just had to take a break. Been busy with work family and a multitude of other things...... BUUUUUUUUUT! I'm ready to get moving again.
    The pics are loaded up on the February Updates - 2017 Page.
    Okay, so I really didn't get a whole lot done the last couple of months, But I did manage to work on a few things. The mounting clamps for all of the work booms are now complete and I mad the pincers for the ends of the booms. I kind of improvised on these because I couldn't see any functional need to the Drydocks end pieces as seen in the movie. I will be making alternate pieces that mimic TMP end pieces so they will be interchangeable. They will just slip onto the ends of the booms. Anyway, the booms were cut to the same length when I first made them and I really can't finish them until I get the Enterprise in place. Then the booms will be cut to the appropriate lengths and the end pieces will be put on. I will also cut the optic fiber to be flush with the end of the boom.
    Back to the turret clamps. I have these mounted on the bottoms of the swivel shaft and they are painted up to match the panel frames. I've also started to do some re-wiring on the Enterprise Deflector dish. my client wanted the ramp-up, ramp-down lighting effects added in so I need to run a few more wires through the dorsal. I've also replaced the LED in the dish reflector with a dual color LED. I should have this wired up by next update.
    In other areas, I'm starting to apply the decals for all of the shuttles that will go in the Aft Hanger bay. I also needed to take out some of the wiring for the thrusters on the Enterprise model to make room for the Gang way on the Dock. There's just too much packed into it and it might cause problems later on. I've also mounted the Enterprise onto the dock but I'm afraid the ship might just weight too much for the bracket, so I might have to stabilize the ship with some wires. .013mm I think is what I bought.
    I know this wasn't much of an update, but I should be back on track during this month. Thank you everyone for your patience. I know this is a long project, but please bear with me and you WILL see it complete. Ahh yes I love that word complete. So check out the pics, let me know what you think and I will see you next month. Take care everyone.
    Mark.
    Feb 2, 2017, 11:09 AM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #78

Yes!!! You're back and those clamps looks real good if I say so myself
    Feb 7, 2017, 12:59 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #79

Thanks Joberg.
    Mark.
    Mar 23, 2017, 12:56 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #80

New weblink:
    http://www.nemvia.net disregard anything with .com. I'll explain later.
    Mark
    Last edited by NemVia; 1 Week Ago at 7:51 PM.
    Mar 23, 2017, 5:18 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #81

Those dirty russkys, ;-)
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 4, 2017, 12:58 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #82

July Updates - 2017
    Hey Everyone! My apologies to all for the big delay. As you may have noticed my website was hacked and my NemVia.com version of my is no longer functioning for my website. I have had to update my site to NemVia.net and try to clean up as much of the garbage that the hackers have caused and try to get things back in order as best as I could. I've had a few setbacks with the Drydock build, sick relatives and other problems have caused further delays. Although I do have a small update for this month I think you'll find some of it interesting.
    I became discouraged when I found out that I made a mis-calculation with my armature for the ship. This armature was to keep the ship level inside the dock and also allow it to appear to be floating while inside the dock. I poured over ways to correct this problem including some extremely thin steel fishing line that would hold the engines level with the dock. I decided to do what I did with my 1/350 scale dock armature and just bend the heck out of the thing until it help the ship upright and level the way I wanted it to.
    Using a pair of pipe wrenches, I found the point where the armature meets the connection rod and pushing in opposite directions I twisted the armature enough to pre-load the tension in order to hold the weight of the ship in place. I have a pic of how I was able to do this in the July Updates - 2017 page. It took me a couple of tries, but I finally got the ship to appear level inside the dock. She FLOATS! I exclaimed! Anyway that was a huge hurtle to get past. Now I can finish the wiring for the main deflector dish and torpedo launchers and finally seal off the saucer section and get ready to add the port side panel frames into place.
    In other areas I had to replace the hanger deck on the aft side of the Dock. Some of the fiber optics were not lining up the way I wanted to so I redid the entire deck. It looks much better now and I have all of the chase lighting done for the entire aft end of the modules. The small hangers have the chase lighting heading into the deck whereas the larger hanger has the lighting running in take-off mode with a few shuttles in position for launch. I have 7 new pics and 4 new videos of the chase lighting effects in this month's updates I should be able to get more done in the upcoming month. Once again I apologize for the long delays. Hang in there and I'll get this thing done soon. Thanks for your patience and keep checking for more updates.
    Mark
    http://www.NemVia.net
    1 Week Ago  Jul 15, 2017, 2:16 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #83

July Updates - 2017 - Supplemental...
    Okay, I usually don't jump ahead of my posts here, but I just had to add this to the blog.... I recently purchased a 80cm motorized camera dolly and I wanted to use it for several special photography effects on the side. But most importantly, when I finished the drydock build I wanted to make a duplicate flyby movie that would match ST:TMP's drydock flyby. I made a few passes with the model in it's unfinished state to get an idea of what I can do for a final project for this build. The results of the tests came out very good even though the lighting was not corrected the models are incomplete, none of the effects lighting is operating and there is no space background. But if you could just ignore all of that and take a look at the video's potential, you might understand why I had to do an early posting of this video. Now I really can't wait to finish this project. Take a look at the test video. https://youtu.be/n4EtoOLRdgg
    See you in a few weeks
    Mark
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    1 Week Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 2:33 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #84

Dude! That is looking awesome.

What make and model of slider do you have? And what camera were you using?
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    1 Week Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 2:56 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #85

Wow that is amazing!

I didn't know any better, I'd have thought I was looking at a movie shot before they added in the CGI interiors and backgrounds!
    1 Week Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 7:32 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #86

adinelt said: View Post
    Dude! That is looking awesome.

What make and model of slider do you have? And what camera were you using?
    I'm using and Andoer 80cm motorized camera dolly and a JVC HD Everio hand held video camera. I'm not sure this will be the final camera used
    for the final production that I'm doing but as I said this was a test to see if the dolly speed was correct. I will try other test shots later with better lighting. This will cut down on the grainy look of the shots as well as add some more depth to the picture. I'll post more as I go. I just wanted to see how the dolly worked and the test was so good (I thought) that I wanted some opinions on the look. I'm buying a few more accessories for some other shots like above the saucer and some top to bottom shots as well. If you have any other suggestions for shots you would like to eventually see, I'll try to rig them up as well. Thanks for the comments!
    Mark
    1 Week Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 7:37 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #87

blakeh1 said: View Post
    Wow that is amazing!

I didn't know any better, I'd have thought I was looking at a movie shot before they added in the CGI interiors and backgrounds!
    Well, if some creative film editor would like to add cgi in, I will be happy to let them do it!. When I do the final version though, you
    you won't see any of the posters or window wells or ceiling lights in the shots. I will shoot them with a black velvet background much like I did with the 1/350 scale version.
    All of the effects I will do will be in-camera. Anything extra can be added in by some of you wonderful CGI artists.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Mark
    1 Week Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 7:51 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #88

Love those dolly-shots for sure (I'm a fan of in-camera effects). It's really looking good. I don't know what kind of depth of field you'll have (background and lighting can be tricky without it as you know). Looking forward to your next update!
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    From
    west australia
    6 Days Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 6:36 PM - Re: 1/260 Scale - ST:TMP Drydock #89

mindblowing work,cannot get enough of this!