Fallout New Vegas That Gun, .223 Pistol, Blade Runner PKD, WIP Pic Heavy

Postapocalympic

So I have seen a few different build threads here and there with people modding the various Chinese KO Blade Runner blasters into some very nice (and not so nice) Prop replicas. I need one for my Nuka Break Costume so I thought I would try my hand.
Starting with this I found on Ebay, I bought two just in case I screwed up. I should have bought three, not because I made a mistake but because the instant I pulled the trigger one one my children made off with both of them and spent hours chasing each other around the house with them.

20130227_161632 by Postapocolympian, on Flickr

My first step was to remove the posts behind the slide, and sand down the paint and rough flash points.

Untitled by Postapocolympian, on Flickr

I did not remove the additional fill in between the slide and grip like most do as I wanted to do as little structural modification as possible, as I had already planned to remove the bolt from the left hand side and fill in with bondo I didnt want to cut more holes than I had to.

I took the orange barrel bit and cut the flared tip off then epoxied it into place inside the gun with about 1/2'' sticking out to provide the barrel.

We miss a couple steps here as I couldn't find my camera, but I removed the bolt on the left side and filled the hole with bondo. I also filled the gaps in the cylinder with bondo and filed and sanded them smooth, then I placed a base coat on to help me see any more imperfections. I promise to get copies of this part of the process on the second one if anyone cares.

Internally I rewired the two stock blue LEDs into four red LEDs in sequence then drilled out the holes where they go and placed them into the case. They light up when you pull the trigger, they flash in sync with the sound the gun used to make, but I removed the speaker. It was a very annoying sound byte.

Thats all for now, I need to get some parts of a cheapo cap gun, and some pc case bolts. also I need to figure out something for the sighting tool thing that goes on the left side above the cylinder. I intend to leave it as a single trigger since I am making the Fallout: New Vegas "That Gun" specifically and it only has one trigger.

Did the base coat for the grips, went with Terra Cotta, and will have several layers of clear coat.

overall paint job is finished, need to add some parts on. I will paint those separate, as soon as I find them.

"sight" is made from some clock parts and crazy straw heated with a heat gun and fitted over, with leds glued in at the ends. I didnt have any green so mine gets red. which if I recall, the LEDs in the game turn red when you are empty anyway so its sort of accurate.

Last edited:
that looks really good. I noticed that the gun in the game isn't a dead on replica of the BR gun but close enough that you know what it is, probably had to do that to not get sued.

Well it looks the seller sold out. Ebay handle is yaboonet. The have a lot of them for sale frome time to time. There is also a Blade Runner esque knock off available from Kids Army | Kids-Army.com but the cylinder is a little more difficult to figure out on that version. Looks neat tho.

There's still a load of them on Ebay UK. Search for 'Bladerunner style fancy dress toy space gun'. At time of writing, the listing expires in just under 12 hours' time; but chances are it'll be renewed.

Well it looks the seller sold out. Ebay handle is yaboonet. The have a lot of them for sale frome time to time. There is also a Blade Runner esque knock off available from Kids Army | Kids-Army.com but the cylinder is a little more difficult to figure out on that version. Looks neat tho.

Also on that site they have a rifle and pistol play set with an ROBOCOP AUTO 9 I've seen it in person and its 1:1

There's still a load of them on Ebay UK. Search for 'Bladerunner style fancy dress toy space gun'. At time of writing, the listing expires in just under 12 hours' time; but chances are it'll be renewed.

Just got one, can't wait to start modding it

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back