Making of Empire Strikes Back - the lost doc

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Saw this over at Aintitcool and thought I'd clone the link to here. I personally have never seen this. It seems to be filled with lots of rare clips (including Mark Skywalker being interviewed while he toys with his practice saber at 4:20 which seems to be either an Obi Wan or the one he used (will use) in ROTJ. And check out those crisp Tide (super wash) Bespin threads he's wearing at 2:00 - I don't think they were ever that clean in the movie.

Anyhow, sorry if this is old news but if even ONE RPFer's eyes have never known the joy of watching this - well, then... jeez, I hope it's at least two.

Michel Parbot Empire Strikes Back lost documentary excerpts... - YouTube

Last edited:
wow, that was really awesome! I remember watching a making of on TV back in the day and it was pretty thin and disappointing... this is what it should have been... thank goodness for current internet technology and youtube! :thumbsup

The Rebels had a tank on Hoth? Oh, man. Imagine the sight of one of those things bravely charging an AT-AT.

Thanks for sharing !

This documentary was originally made for french TV but never fully broadcasted...

Excerpts though were shown in 1980 in TEMPS X, a then very popular TV show, at the time ESB was about to be released in theaters.

"Mark Skywalker"? :lol:thumbsup

This view was nostalgic to say the least; all those practical, classic, legendary sets...:love

That was a magical time to be young. If only Episode VII can remotely be as good I think we're in for a good time again.

And even weirder that Mark blurts out " give me some time with her to score points" - then again Carrie was looking pretty damn good back then - and Tatooine is pretty much the El Monte of planets ( El Montie Cal is a dump full of trailer parks and car service joints) Luke may not be at fault

And even weirder that Mark blurts out " give me some time with her to score points" - then again Carrie was looking pretty damn good back then - and Tatooine is pretty much the El Monte of planets ( El Montie Cal is a dump full of trailer parks and car service joints) Luke may not be at fault

And you still haven't commented on "Mark Skywalker"... :lol:lol

It seemed to me like the saber routines they were practicing were more energetic than the filmed duels. (And not just Mark's screaming.)

And Carrie with her hair down is just plain HOT. Even in Norway.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back