My Shadow Gallery (My Prop Replica Collection) - Update 12/18 Marvel Cinematic Universe

Re: My Shadow Gallery (My Prop Replica Collection) Updt 04/03 Indiana Jones, BTTF

Great additions man! Especially love the Grail Tablet. Nice! :cool

Re: My Shadow Gallery (My Prop Replica Collection) Updt 04/03 Indiana Jones, BTTF

Wonderful collection. I look forward to watching it grow.

Best,
DBCooper

Can you shoot me info on the glass cabinets you have? ive been looking everywhere for something like this. yours seem very sturdy and well made.

Very professional looking displays! So many great looking props!

EXCELLENT THREAD!!!! Wonderful collection and displays.

Can you shoot me info on the glass cabinets you have? ive been looking everywhere for something like this. yours seem very sturdy and well made.
Those are IKEA DETOLF cabinets

Some really nice displays there :thumbsup I liked how you explained your like for the movies and why you started, it's good to hear some history behind the hobby. When I feel my tiny collection is big enough I'll share mine lol :D

Some really nice displays there :thumbsup I liked how you explained your like for the movies and why you started, it's good to hear some history behind the hobby. When I feel my tiny collection is big enough I'll share mine lol :D

Thanks Drac. And please do not hesitate to share your collection no matter how small or big you think. I always like seeing other peoples displays.

EXCELLENT THREAD!!!! Wonderful collection and displays.

Thanks Moviefreak. ;)

Very professional looking displays! So many great looking props!

Thanks buddy I appreciate it.

Like Moviefreak said, the glass cabinets are Ikea Detolfs (which are being discontinued at least in western Europe as I have heard yesterday during a trip in one of their stores and it's a shame). The small acrylic cases are from an ebay seller called admiralharding.

On another hand guys thanks for bumping this thread since it reminds me that I haven't updated it for a long time. Needless to say that a lot of things changed since my last post. My collection underwent a complete overhaul that is still in progress. I will try to post a full update in the next couple of months once my new displays are ready.

Thanks again for the support.

Last edited:

Looks amazing!! I love the displays! Sooo cleaaaan and well organized!

Looks great! I love the way you have your artifacts displayed, I'm doing mine in a similar way. Any zoomed out pics of the whole setup?

Looks great! I love the way you have your artifacts displayed, I'm doing mine in a similar way. Any zoomed out pics of the whole setup?

Once the current rework is done (which would be in a couple of months), I'll take close up and zoomed out pics.
Actually the problem I tried to solve with this complete overhaul is that I my collection was mostly spread out in different places in my office. And if the little display cases and detolfs looked quite clean, honestly the ensemble was really messy and the entire room looked far too clutered for my tastes.

Now after a tedious moving of my entire book collection in my living room and save for a lower shelf full of comic books, I have an entire wall in my office to display my prop collection, I got a new detolf and a Besta based glass cabinet last week end and everything already looks more organized. Now I just need a few more props to round out my displays (especially for my "Marvel" detolf which looks rather empty) and a few alterations here and there to make it slightly more presentable.

But I'm getting there.

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. ;)

Cants go wrong with any Indy and BTTF display. Very nice

This is the way props should be displayed. Not cluttered and not how many of something can I buy. Very well done.

This is one of the best displays gallery i have seen.

Really amazing!!!

Re: My Shadow Gallery - Updt 03/12/14 Dark Knight Trilogy, BTTF, Sci-Fi ...

Well as promised here is the first post-rework update on my collection.

There were several reasons why my collection needed a significant rearrangement and I just want to tell the backstory behind it before getting started with the pictures.

Around june last year my collection reached a size that unfortunatley wouldn't allow it to fit in my office anymore and that forced me to put some items in storage (which is a painful thing to do). After careful consideration, and while my living room was being refurbished, I decided to take the opportunity to move my rare/ancient book/manuscript collection there to free some space in my office. I had another couple of issues I wanted to adress aside from the spacing problems: the inaccessibility of a handful of crucial items and the overall dispersion of some of my displays.

Those acrylic "collector" display cases that most of you seemed to like and in which I displayed a lot of items actually quicly became a problem. Most of the time I have either a few friends and/or family over at my house and during the past year or so some of them showed a genuine interest in this new hobby of mine. They all liked the way everything was carefully displayed like in a little museum but I also felt, from time to time, that they wanted to be able to, let's say for example, feel the actual weight of the silver bars from Looper, browse through the SHIELD files or turn the Iron Man Arc Reactors on ... and not just be told about how much it weighs, how movie accurate or how bright it looks.

Frankly, I just loved how everything was displayed in my office (well at least prior to those space issues) but I also wanted to be able to offer a pleasant experience to those interested in my collection. To illustrate my point let's say I want people to feel like they're visiting a theme park (relatively speaking of course) instead of a museum. I have this wonderful afternoon from a few years ago still stuck in my head when my little brother came over and we spent an hour or so throwing batarangs at a tree in the garden and this is this sense of fun,joy and accessibility I want to convey. I would hate people to see my collection as something rigid they couldn't touch, move or play with. It's not the point and just not why I'm collecting. I don't see my collection as a selfish pleasure, it is something I want to share with others. I want them to feel a sense of awe you can't get by just staring at an object behind a window.

This is the reason why I got rid off most of my display cases and rearranged my collection so it would fit in 3 detolf and 1 Besta based cabinet. This way my artefacts will still be protected from dust or falling off a shelf on the floor (or god knows what else can happen) but will also be accessible. The 3 detolfs are dedicated to the Indiana Jones trilogy, BTTF trilogy and Marvel Cinematic Universe respectively (so no more BTTF items in my Indiana Jones Detolf or V for Vendetta artefacts in my BTTF Detolf and last but not least, no more Marvel props spread all over the room).

I am now done with approximately 1/3 of my collection, my Marvel section still needs a lot of work though and the room is still being altered to fit my Indiana Jones Detolf better, but enough words, from now on, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Back To The Future:

backtothefuture-1.jpg

"Save The Clock Tower" Flyer (DB537) - "Save The Clock Tower" Badges (Roland) - 1985 Licence Plate (celebrity machines) - Doc Brown's Glasses (b2b-auctions) - 1955/1985 Lou Cafe's Letters (toy-and-propmasters) - Lenticular "Family" Picture (nickytea) - "A Match Made In Space" Book (Roland)

Back To The Future Part II:

backtothefuture-2.jpg

"Stunt" Hoverboard (bttf123) - Marty's 2015 Cap (Diamond Select) - Nike Mags (V2) - Gray's Sports Almanac V2.0 (markpoon) - Pepsi 2015 Bottle (bttfstore) - Lenticular Matchbook (nickytea) - "Blast From The Past" Almanac Bag (Roland) - "Oh LàLà" Magazine (Roland)

Back To The Future Part III:

backtothefuture-3.jpg

2015 Licence Plate (celebrity machines) - Lenticular "Tombstone" Picture (nickytea) - Doc Brown Western Union Letters & Envelope (DD28) - Doc Brown 1885 Walkie-Talkie (Gary Weaver II) - Clara Clayton's Brooch (PropMovieStudios - Sarednab) - Back To The Future Part III Photo Frame (PropMovieStudios - peter74)

The Dark Knight Trilogy:

darkknighttrilogy-1.jpg

"The Dark Knight" Cowl (coofunkcurly) - Mini Batarangs X2 (markpoon) - Large Batarang (Noble Collection) - Mini Mines X2 (markpoon) - Large Mine (Noble Collection) - Grapnel Gun (Noble Collection) - Broken Batman Cowl (coofunkcurly) - "The Bat" Blueprints (Dark Knight Manual)

darkknighttrilogy-2.jpg

"Officer Blake" GCPD Badge (jvasilatos) - "Detective Blake" GCPD Badge (jvasilatos) - GCPD Badge (narcizo2006) - Harvey Dent "Poster" Badge (admiral nick) - Harvey Dent "Viral" Badges X2 - Harvey Dent "Viral" Window Cling - Two Face Coins X2 (ptk) - Joker "Viral" Card Deck (benhs1898) - "Wayne Murder" GCPD File (Dark Knight Manual) - Joker "Bank Heist" Mask (RFX Propmaking)

Dystopias:

dystopianfilms-1.jpg

V For Vendetta "Hero" V Mask & Stand (sskunky) - V For Vendetta Wire Tap Scrambler (ReelFakes) - V For Vendetta Evey Hammond BTN Id Card (ReelFakes) - V For Vendetta Dagger (Swords & More)
Looper Phone (JKKS) - Looper Bank Notes (kevinericon) - Looper Silver Bars (kevinericon)
Minority Report Pre-Cog John Anderton Ball (Gordon Gekko) - Minority Report PreCrime Lapel Pin (Gordon Gekko) - Minority Report John Anderton Badge (ReelFakes) - Minority Report Phone (philippes) - Minority Report Neuroin Inhaler (LeMarchand)

Inception:

inception-1.jpg

Totems X5 (zenix)

Same thing as usual, thanks for watching and do not hesitate if you have any comments or suggestions you want to share. Sound off with your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Amazing collection man. Always a pleasure to see. Thanks for posting the new pics! :thumbsup

Great collection and very well displayed :thumbsup :thumbsup
Congrats and thanks for sharing it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back