Batgirl Grapple gun?

Dark808Knight

Aloha ALL,

Figured I'd tap into the knowledge here regarding a Batgirl Grapple gun...specifically the one she uses towards the end of the Batman and Robin movie where she and Robin are falling, she whips out a fist loaded grapple gun, fires it and upon hooking onto the...onto the...darn it I forget what it was that it hooks onto, but the "wings" of the hook close around the cable to stop their fall.:popcorn

I have seen two supposed screen used resin replicas of this gun both from different makers, and both look different...does anyone know if a resin replica of this grapple gun is hard to come by? :confused

Thanks in advance!:cool

Wow...no one? I would post a pic I found of it but not sure if I'd be in violation of anything by doing so.

Hopefully someone will chime in.

Reason I ask is because I recently picked up a Batgirl cowl for my friend to wear this Halloween, and I never thought a urethane version existed. (I'm a noobie to all of this prop stuff)

That being said, I started to research props and such for Batgirl...that grapple gun she used in Batman and Robin was kinda neat and was curious as to the props available out there for Batgirl.

AND I scored said grapple gun in resin, all messed up and in need of serious TLC. Yet it doesn't look exactly like the two "screen used" version I found pics of...

Thanks for at least looking everyone.

Batgirls cowl was not urethane it was foam latex. Her eye mask "may" have been urethane but more than likely foam latex as well.

I'd bet you have the clooney tazer grapple gun not the batgirl grapple
because I have yet to see a copy of her grapple on the market beside one
screen used copy sold off 10 years ago

all her cowls were foam latex, I've never seen an original production cowl in urethane for any of the film pieces

her eye masks were foam latex or urethane just like robin depending on the need for the scene

I've owned one of each of the above mentioned so I can tell you they were each amazing and great examples of Fernandez and the batshops work.

Go ahead and post the pic, if anyone knows it they'll chime in and let oyu know.

Aloha tamplain,

Thanks but it's from gothamfx and some other place, so I dunno if I will be stepping on their toes posting an image of theirs. The one I have is in terrible shape...

Thanks for chiming in!:cool

I think the one your looking for was also used by batman in batman forever

Aloha kapow7,

Yeah, roger that...that's what the owner of the grapple gun said, it was from Forever, but I just saw it on the Batman and Robin flick...

I initially tried searching for it within Forever, but came up empty handed. Uh no pun intended.:)

Thanks!

Batgirls cowl was not urethane it was foam latex. Her eye mask "may" have been urethane but more than likely foam latex as well.

Aloha redbird1,

I should have been more specific. I have like a 3/4 head batgirl cowl made of urethane. Not the one Silverstone wears in Batman and Robin.

I'll try to take and post pics later.

Thanks for chiming in!:cool

I'd bet you have the clooney tazer grapple gun not the batgirl grapple
because I have yet to see a copy of her grapple on the market beside one
screen used copy sold off 10 years ago

all her cowls were foam latex, I've never seen an original production cowl in urethane for any of the film pieces

her eye masks were foam latex or urethane just like robin depending on the need for the scene

I've owned one of each of the above mentioned so I can tell you they were each amazing and great examples of Fernandez and the batshops work.

Aloha BATS,

Nope...not the Clooney tazer. The Batgirl grapple gun I've only seen on two sites, as well as the urethane cowl I got. I'm not sure who made either one!

I will try to post pics as soon as possible...

THANKS EVERYONE...this place is great.:thumbsup

Last edited:
Aloha ALL,

Welp, here are some shots of the urethane Batgirl Cowl:
DSCF4219_zps0cc3739f.jpg

DSCF4220_zpscce50c7b.jpg

DSCF4221_zps4cf44f9e.jpg

DSCF4222_zpsbeba2a56.jpg

Here is the handle part of the Batgirl grapple gun from Batman and Robin. There are four other pieces: Two blades, a teardrop shaped piece the blades go onto, and then a circular piece that keeps the blades on the teardrop. Once four said pieces are together, the teardrop then drops into the circular "divot" on the face of the gun...top right of the big circle.
DSCF4224_zps14a3505e.jpg

DSCF4223_zps54802d78.jpg

sorry for the bad pics, but the rain was coming...again.:facepalm

Thanks again everyone who chimed in!:cool

Aloha ALL,

So...is it safe to assume that these "things" I have are kinda hard to come by?

Thanks to all who chimed in...you guys are great here.:cool

Ahhhh ok

The cowl I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink was made JesterFX. So its a replica.
Tell tale signs are the bobbles in the urethane on the sides, the bad lines in the ear tips
and the horrible variations in thickness.

I know its not one of mine because its not foam and its not painted~

The grapnel is not screen used, not even close, its a kit that was floating around years ago on ebay and is much harder to find now. Yes the overall shape is like the screen used, but its missing half of the details and the pincers are very very sloppy. This is from the same guy that makes the sloppy sonar rang kit, 89 grapnel and a few other things. He's famous for recasting JMtwos Begins grapnel and claiming it was real even though it had JMtwos branding on it. Bronze armory did the same thing.

Its also not Batgirls, its Kilmer's Sonar grapnel. This is the one he fires when the island separates and robin is lifted. Kilmer fires the pincer and it bounces right off the metal the island is made from.

So this is the Sonar Pincer Rang. It was then, like soooooo many other things in B&R re-used.

So that should help shed a little light on things for you and what you have there. both are replicas.

Last edited:
Ahhhh ok

The cowl I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink was made JesterFX. So its a replica.
Tell tale signs are the bobbles in the urethane on the sides, the bad lines in the ear tips
and the horrible variations in thickness.

I know its not one of mine because its not foam and its not painted~

The grapnel is not screen used, not even close, its a kit that was floating around years ago on ebay and is much harder to find now. Yes the overall shape is like the screen used, but its missing half of the details and the pincers are very very sloppy. This is from the same guy that makes the sloppy sonar rang kit, 89 grapnel and a few other things. He's famous for recasting JMtwos Begins grapnel and claiming it was real even though it had JMtwos branding on it. Bronze armory did the same thing.

Its also not Batgirls, its Kilmer's Sonar grapnel. This is the one he fires when the island separates and robin is lifted. Kilmer fires the pincer and it bounces right off the metal the island is made from.

So this is the Sonar Pincer Rang. It was then, like soooooo many other things in B&R re-used.

So that should help shed a little light on things for you and what you have there. both are replicas.

Aloha BATS,

Hey thanks, but cripes don't sugar coat it, tell us what ya really think!:lol

Okay, the grapnel gun is of the pincer type...but I swear it was Silverstone's...I will research FOREVER and thanks for all the info!!! Er...you make cowls?:love

LOL, That was with sugar coating, if I really told you what I think of Jester
it would get me in trouble with the admins here. LOL

Yes I have been known to make a cowl or two.

Here's my Batgirl, in urethane foam, and in the original batgirl blue.
I also make the chest armor, cape clips, capes, belt and glove fins to match.

CowlBlue1.jpg

Silverstone used it when they are falling from the telescope, because
Robin uses the dart not the pincer, he had all his own weapons thru the films without any reuse. But like I said, the Pincer is first and foremost Kilmer's. She also uses a two arm panther grapnel that is a modified version of Kilmer's.

theres very little if anything that I'm not familiar with on the schulmaker films as most people know, and I happen to have owned one of the pincers you showed so I know how sloppy and inaccurate it is.... but its also the only version of the pincer out there so you'll take what you can get in this instance.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back