Original Kilmer Batman Forever costume display

Light restore = clean and touch up? or was there foam damage?

Looks great, but the cod...... seams really really shrunken, short and curled in on itself....

those aren't panther legs though, they are Robin legs (in case you didn't know, but I'm thinking you might), that's why they don't sit on the mannequin legs correctly allowing them to sit under the cod instead of at the side of it....

the robin legs have twice the muscle of the panthers... Odonnel is a very very very thin small guy (kinda like a woman) , so his legs were sculpted extra heavy by Teves (at the request of Schulmakers team) to help make him look similar in size to Val. The Robin legs are about as close to a buff human anatomy as possible. The panther legs are more along the lines of a well toned human anatomy.

I love love love love seeing full suits get the proper display attention, so much of these just get stored away in a box on the floor.

I'm envious of the owner, since he has one of the very very few original belts out there, its more rare than the suit. LOL

Very very nice effort on the part of you and your team. I just finished looking at your Vermithrax retore project photos and I think I drooled a little on my keyboard . LOL

Bats
you are mistaken about the legs they have Val Kilmers name marked on the inside and come with a stack of paperwork from WB stating the authenticity of the suit . The suit also has an original cape but the owner chose not to display it as it is a much shorter cape made for driving scenes . I happen to know the owner and he wanted me to clear this up .
Bill

The owner has a stack of COA for this suit??

I've never seen a full suit come with COA because WB only let go of a couple of small pieces at their stores to my knowledge, 99% of these pieces hit the market during the big clean out of the batshop years and years ago.

unless its the angle of the camera and the lighting, that's the Miles Teves leg sculpt not the Jose Fernandez leg sculpt

so I might be mistaken, and it's not the first time, but as these sit, regardless of some silver pen on the inside of the neoprene.....

those are Odonnel's Robin/Red Robin legs

since I have several pairs of original foam latex panther legs in my studio right now, and more unpublished reference material than you can imagine, you'll have to forgive my confidence~

if I'm mistaken it could only be due to their distortion from the way they are fit on the mannequin, from the size of that mannequin, those legs if they were mounted for kilmer (not the stunt men) they would easily zip up and the cod leafs would pass correctly under the cod, but with Odonnelm, because he's soooooo thin and small, well that would cause them to fit the way they do in these photos

IMHO

So your welcome to have to owner message me and I can point out to him the main differences in the Teves and Fernandez sculpts so that regardless of paperwork or pen marks he will know what he has

it's hard for me not to be confident since I have had more original schulmaker film hero suits/pieces come thru my studio than...... well anyone, and to top it off its my favorite of all the suits to date, I've restored 2 of them to date, I have two more in the studio to be restored right now, and I have built 10 replica's and I am the only one out there doing replica's in the original colors~

So like I said, realllllly big fan of this suit and realllllly confident after working on them for 8 years

even thin guys that I have had try on an original redbird robin torso cannot get their arms thru the arm neoprene because it's soooooo thin and tight so he literally had no muscle in his forearms LOL

and you would think they would give robin forearm armor to bulk that ok more like they did the gorilla pecks, but noooooooooooope!

despite his tiny man nature, the Redrobin sculpt is still the best superhero sculpt ever, and only slightly more than the panther that we are drooling over here in this thread

the two sculpts together are so bad ass that no matter what you'll still watch the movies even though some of film is well

:lol

That looks amazing. Wow. Imagine having that standing in your collection.... That would deserve it's own wall... Brilliant!!

Just one more example of why Mr. Spina is the best at what he does, IMHO and why I'm such a fan. Great stuff, especially that face! The base is perfectly evocative of a certain cave that we all know. Sorry I missed this earlier.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back