So, I'm Building A Super Star Destroyer: A WIP

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Scratch-building out of cardboard and Bristol board, no less! Right now, it's just a hair shy of 3 feet long.

I hope to cast the thing in resin when it's all said and done to add lights and stuff.

Some progress pics (taken a few days ago) and more to come.

Hey, thanks for that! I'm using that same site for reference, too. Unfortunately, it came a little too late as I had already biffed the underside's engine platform (fixed it the best I could) but as I'm not aiming for "film-accurate", it's not that big a worry. I'm merely using the images to get as close as I possibly can, especially at the scale that I'm at.

Here's an update on the thing. Got the "city" pretty much laid out and and am currently covering the thing in random bits and bobs from computers.

I'm trying to keep it reminiscent, as much as I can, of the original model but there is no way I'm fool enough to convince myself that trying to replicate every detail would be worth the effort. So, call it "artistic license" or just sheer laziness; you decide. However, I am very happy with where it's headed right now.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back