"Batman Returns" Penguin "For Mayor" election pin Value?

Master Valon

Hey all! I was wondering what the approximate value of a screen used on of these would be:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HRtN9Zz0DPI/SjkvgMta3NI/AAAAAAAAAbc/rpaa6L0cmaE/s400/badge+penguin.jpg

My dad got one from the set of "Batman Returns", for which he was an electrician, and I was wondering how much one would sell for. Now, the major downside is that it has no COA. I am unsure of the conditions surrounding how he obtained it, so obviously I don't think there is one for this one. And if the COA is a big deal breaker, can one go about getting it authenticated by an organization? Thanks for the input!

EDIT: Also, I just remembered, my dad also has a rubber 18" prop penguin henchman, uh, penguin, in storage. Again, no COA. But I've seen similar ones (with COA, mind you) go for around $4000. I would only hope for ours to be valued that high, but I'd just like to know, and I figured I'd come to you guys. It's like this one, without the rocket:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5966159

Last edited:
What size /diameter is it?

The larger ones usually command a slightly higher price.

These sell around $20 US on ebay, $50 on screenused.com and from $125 to

$195 on Propstore for the larger ones.

These are anything but rare, I see them all the time at just about every auction
I follow and pop up all the time on ebay .

The last Penguin I saw on ebay sold for $1800 and it was complete.

These could fetch $3000 /$4000 at auctions.

Thanks for the reply! I'd say the button is about 4" in diameter, or so. So, I think it's one of the bigger ones. And to the penguin, I don't think there's anything missing from the back, at least, it doesn't look like it to my untrained eye. It has the metal rods in the feet still.

Thanks for the reply! I'd say the button is about 4" in diameter, or so. So, I think it's one of the bigger ones. And to the penguin, I don't think there's anything missing from the back, at least, it doesn't look like it to my untrained eye. It has the metal rods in the feet still.

The bigger ones are 6" in diameter, so yours is one of the mid sized ones.

Post pics of your henchman penguin if you can, when I said complete, I meant it had the rocket IIRC.

Ah, okay. The penguins in storage at my grandparents house, but i'll try to get pics of it eventually. I'll keep you all updated!

Alrighty, time to revive this thread! My dad just decided that he wants to sell most of his old stuff from when he was in the movie industry. In addition to a lot of other things like crew shirts and signed clapper boards, he also wants to get rid of this Batman penguin. Here are some pics I just took of it:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933891.586766.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933915.334926.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933925.352530.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933934.685238.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933950.569244.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933966.152896.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933980.468981.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933987.836211.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1385933998.525497.jpg

I know some members here are interested in screen used items, so I figured this would be the best place to get an idea of what it's worth and hopefully sell it .

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back