Spartacus Blood and Sand

Nice score Darth Fetty, I just won the pirate leader's metal axe.. it arrives tomorrow. I'll post pics. I'm still holding out for a Gannicus sword. They keep going high, even the rubber ones. I want to get one for my wife for her birthday since he was her favorite character. Fruitbomb, That is cool that you worked on the show. The props and costumes are so amazing and so detailed. I appreciate your work!

Wooow what a collection. It is soo cool to have the TV room decorated like that. Unfortunately my flat is too small to have a separate TV room.

I won one of the bow and arrow sets, but unfortunately the bow doesn't have a string. Anyone have any recommendations on what would be the best to use? I've looked on line at archery websites for actual bow string but I haven't a clue if it will look "too modern."

Hey Guys

loving the collections, well done. I worked on the first series so i became a little obsessed. My collection so far

Onomeus costume
Spartacus costume (vengeance season)
crassus ring and bracelets
Crassus seal and wax
Aedile's seal and wax pourer
Spartacus golden mask from season 2
Crassus table lamp
2x lamps from the ludus
Batiatus abacus
Sibyl's costume
Melitta's costume and slave cuffs
Sibyl's angel statue
agrons sandals
crassus wax tablet
2x Golden male masks from Gods of the arena
2x Golden female masks from Gods of the Arena
gladiator armour and costume from season 1 (party favours)
1x generic slave
3x generic tunics
....more to come!!

Awesome grabs Steve!
I Picked up this helmet, although im a bit confused. Its obviously different in appearence from the screen used helmet but it is most definitely the same helmet. Its been damaged most noticeably on the visor and back of helmet. The metal cage has also been added to the front. Ive screen matched every nick and ding in the helmet and the cuts and nicks that are missing have been covered up with putty and repainted. I know because the putty was cracking off on an area and it covers a nice big cut that is clearly seen on screen. The interior of the padding on the helmet also has a piece of tape in it with the name Andy written on it. That was the coolest discovery for me.

sweet Chucky! They re used a lot of helmets. I have an Andy Whitfield helmet that was later used by another gladiator as well. Love the one you got though.

thanks Steve, that must be what happened with this helmet. its a shame they had to do that with such an iconic helmet. its broken obviously, i wonder if getting it restored to the original helmet would hurt its value. does anyone know?

they also re-used allot of costumes for the rebel end fight scene, so it wouldnt surprise me to find a helmet too, Great Job.

Beautiful helmet, Chucky! I just won one myself and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Your story of finding Andy's name on the helm reminded me of a neat little discovery I had when receiving a screen used flaming arrow from the movie Braveheart. As soon as I removed the arrow from its packaging, it immediately filled the room with a burnt smell which instantly took me to the battle scene in which it had been used. The aroma instantly added a layer to the movie that I had never dreamed of experiencing. It's little stories like that that fuel my passion for collecting these amazing pieces of film history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can you pass along how the Gladiator leather gear was treated to make it appear old and worn? It looks like some chemical was used to make it wrinkle-up.

IMG_9336.JPG
I won Caesar's steel knife.

I recently picked up what was listed as a Rebel Rider Costume from the War of the Damned Season Finale. I also picked up one of the homemade bow and arrow sets, a Thracian Axe and couple slave costume for my wife. I'll post some more pics when the rest of the items arrive.

Here is a pic of the rider costume on display along with a couple of the FX arrows that came with the bow and the axe.

hi,

thought i would share my modest collection of Spartacus props I got during the auctions. Big fan of the show and very proud of my collection, still need a mannie or dress form for the bloody tunic :)

prop.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back