Spartacus Blood and Sand

Thanks! They fit in nicely with my Hobbit Thorin's Map prop replica and HP Marauder's Map prop replica. :)

Carterfan wrote:
"Love the maps!"

Fantastic!!!!
I tried to win a few of the masks but was always outbid. Hot at a bad time right when I have taxes to pay. I have been hoping that someone would make copies of the masks but this far from the first two seasons i am thinking that is unlikely to happen.
Now I am thinking I will try to replicate my own, not sure I have the skill to pull it off, but that has never stopped me before.
Great wins!

Last edited:
I finally won and received a screen worn upper class roman tunic!!!! I'm so excited. I love this show and this is my first actual real prop that was used on screen! I can now claim I have a screen worn costume! This could get addicting.

Anyone know how long these auctions are going to continue? I keep waiting each week for the right prop to show up at the right price, but don't want to wait too long before they're all gone. ;)

Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand, Caesars slave clothes

Yay,i won Caesars entire slave/rebel outfit, also the sword Nemetes gave him.

caesar2_zpsfdff89fc.jpg

caesar_zpsa0f4e956.jpg

Just won a set of Roman armor yesterday for $380!! So excited. Will definitely post some pics when it arrives.

Getting a surprisingly high tax return, so thought I'd treat myself.

Just won another costume with helmet. Can't wait to get it. Really wish I had the cash to win an item worn by one of the stars, though.

I worked on all the Spartacus seasons making props and prosthetics.It's nice to see lots of people collecting and enjoying this stuff ! You don't tend to appreciate things quite as much when you have made literally THOUSANDS of swords, daggers and spears.We made all of the armour and helmets also.Great long term work and I'm kinda sad it's over.:cry

I worked on all the Spartacus seasons making props and prosthetics.It's nice to see lots of people collecting and enjoying this stuff ! You don't tend to appreciate things quite as much when you have made literally THOUSANDS of swords, daggers and spears.We made all of the armour and helmets also.Great long term work and I'm kinda sad it's over.:cry

Fantastic work! Seriously! I can't begin to describe how much I love the Roman armor I got, and every week I enjoy admiring the photos of the other items for auction.

Unexpectedly, I believe I was even able to find my helmet in the show too. It's worn by the shorter guy in the front here, http://www.fishsticktheatre.com/TV/Spartacus/WaroftheDamned/3x10/images/Spartacus3x10_0833.jpg

I have no idea where the rest of the armor can be seen though since it's certainly not worn by this particular Roman.

Thanks ! It was mostly really fun to work on...there was a LOT of repetition though obviously...:lol .I kind of wish I'd bought up a bit more stuff really..we had first-dibs on heaps of stuff, but by the end of it all I was, to be honest, sick of the sight of it !For example..a typical work week might consist of creating a master sword, making two or three moulds, then casting out forty or more hard versions,20 softs,4 retractable blood-rigs,6-8 vfx cutoffs, painting all of it ,and then some daggers and stuff and sculpting up little detail pieces to go on other things !.They just chewed through the weapons on set...crazy...If you ever need to repair any of your stuff, drop me a line and I'll be able to recommend the most compatible products for fix-ups.Righto !

Thanks ! It was mostly really fun to work on...there was a LOT of repetition though obviously...:lol .I kind of wish I'd bought up a bit more stuff really..we had first-dibs on heaps of stuff, but by the end of it all I was, to be honest, sick of the sight of it !For example..a typical work week might consist of creating a master sword, making two or three moulds, then casting out forty or more hard versions,20 softs,4 retractable blood-rigs,6-8 vfx cutoffs, painting all of it ,and then some daggers and stuff and sculpting up little detail pieces to go on other things !.They just chewed through the weapons on set...crazy...If you ever need to repair any of your stuff, drop me a line and I'll be able to recommend the most compatible products for fix-ups.Righto !

Good to hear you guys were able to get first-dibs. Well deserved despite the tedious overexposure to the stuff!

Would've loved to see an extensive "making of" doc focusing on the props. If you still keep in contact with others who worked on the props and wardrobe in the show, please let them know their handiwork is appreciated. You most definitely have some fans. :lol

Good to hear you guys were able to get first-dibs. Well deserved despite the tedious overexposure to the stuff!

Would've loved to see an extensive "making of" doc focusing on the props. If you still keep in contact with others who worked on the props and wardrobe in the show, please let them know their handiwork is appreciated. You most definitely have some fans. :lol

Totally agree! A great job with extreme attention to detail which made the show feel real. I just recently won and received my 2nd costume - a Roman rebel costume with helmet and leggings. The actual detail put into this is greater than I could have thought. I'm very impressed. My first costume is a upper class roman tunic - also awesome. I'm glad I was able to win some cool screen used stuff from an awesome show that I love watching. Very sad to see it come to an end.

I've got a set of the leather segmentata armour and I've gotta compliment the makers because the quality is very high. Really surprising for a TV show. In fact all of the Spartacus props and costumes I've acquired are of outstanding quality. They are definitely keepers.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back