Evil Dead II/Ash Williams Costume

Hey, just thought I'd let you know that I have found the disc unfortunatly my disc drive has decided it wont read any discs :angry so cannot get the ref pics sorry, good luck :thumbsup

Quick Boomstick update:

Pre-Saw
2q1xuzq.jpg

Post-Saw
2vkhtms.jpg

206c0hs.jpg

2lctgfp.jpg

Now clean up/file down the edges. More coming soon.

Looking good, are you sorting the barrel end or just leaving it? By that I mean they would usually be seperate barrels, whats yer plans? :D

Looking good, are you sorting the barrel end or just leaving it? By that I mean they would usually be seperate barrels, whats yer plans? :D

Yeah, good question. I intend on putting two lengths of metal piping in there, then seal the gaps up (what will work best I'm unsure of, I was hoping you guys would be able to recommend some stuff). Finally I'll spray the whole thing (all the metal work) with a couple coats of black then weather it with a bit of iron wool or something.

How are you coming along with this? Been looking for chainsaws and found that postage from US is looking to be $90 WOW :(

I've made it free hand ... I didn't find a cheap 20" chain bar so I took one 16" and and a couple inches on my sketch and made it from scrap styrene and wood

* the TCM chainsaw is the NECA limited edition of 500 worldwide ;)

Thanks man, I'll be sure to use it for help. Where did you get the template for the bar? I was thinking about buying a 20" bar online, but I may make one from scratch.

Edit: Oooh, I like the TCM chainsaws you have.

How are you coming along with this? Been looking for chainsaws and found that postage from US is looking to be $90 WOW :(

Hey man, I've had to put the project on hiatus as my boiler broke and required attention. Luckily it's fixed, so today I've had a few hours to work on stuff. The Boomstick progress I will post below, the chainsaw on the other hand, well, lets just say I'm still having issues removing the clutch (tips from people who've previously modded chainsaws would be really helpful). Look around, I can't remember off the top of my head how much the postage was on mine.

I've made it free hand ... I didn't find a cheap 20" chain bar so I took one 16" and and a couple inches on my sketch and made it from scrap styrene and wood

* the TCM chainsaw is the NECA limited edition of 500 worldwide ;)

I think I may utilise the same technique if I don't find a suitable bar. But as stated above, I'm still struggling with dismantling the thing, so any help with that is appreciated.

Ok, as for Boomstick progress, here goes:

I cut a few lengths of aluminium tubing...

28usi0w.jpg

And filed them down, nice and flush.

97sodt.jpg

In the barrel.

15j6z5.jpg

I sanded the paint off the metal work...

502mv9.jpg

And prepped it for painting.

9ftetg.jpg

First coat of black.

vwz6sh.jpg

Tomorrow I intend to: spray it with a final coat of black, cut a piece of wood to fit between the aluminium tubing in the barrel, hot glue the tubing and wood in the barrel, clean the whole thing up.
I'm thinking about weathering the whole thing a little, but we'll play it by ear.

Crap - I was going to tell you that you should see about grinding off or filling in that western detail, as it doesn't exist on the actual gun. It'd be a really easy fix, I think - but the coat of paint would make it tougher.

Also, great work on the barrels - but maybe use some JB Weld to fill in the gaps? To my mind, you're super close to going from sweet costume to really effective prop replica. Best of luck to you!

Crap - I was going to tell you that you should see about grinding off or filling in that western detail, as it doesn't exist on the actual gun. It'd be a really easy fix, I think - but the coat of paint would make it tougher.

Also, great work on the barrels - but maybe use some JB Weld to fill in the gaps? To my mind, you're super close to going from sweet costume to really effective prop replica. Best of luck to you!

Yeah I wasn't too sure about the detailing, should be fairly straight forward to even it out and the paint isn't too much of a problem. Will have to give it a coat or two afterwards. Thanks for the heads up on the JB Weld, what kind would you recommend? I'm thinking some of the Epoxy Putty for the gap in between the barrels.

Not good m8 to be honest :( costs for shipping have been over the top big time, im ever hopefull one will turn up here in UK but best not hold my breath haha :D

Well, good luck my friend, if I see anything I'll let you know :)

Boomstick progress:

I filed the detailing as much as possible with the tools at hand, ready for re-painting

xkxc90.jpg

I then hot glued the aluminium tubing to the inside of the barrel and sealed the gaps with epoxy putty

io426w.jpg

After final paint

mr8jmc.jpg

2lfue.jpg

21jmypw.jpg

To do: Fill the remaining gaps in the barrel with epoxy putty, touch up the paint by hand, general cleaning and paint touch up.

Other than that, it's more or less finished. Chainsaw arm and clothing to come.

:)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back