Post Your Serenity/Firefly Props!

Pixels

I have none so far, but mostly it seems like people have replicas of Mal's and Jayne's guns.
Because of the difficulty importing replica weapons in my country, I'd love to see your collections and get some inspiration in what else I could recreate from the show, other than weapons :)

Of course, feel free to post your beautiful weapons pictures too!

Ive got a few things

A bunch of screen used stuff
2w4k9xd.jpg

Serenity bottle collection
34ew2oh.jpg

Phil casting
295cv3m.jpg

Phil casting next to one of the (modified for Serenity) live fire hero guns
2j5gj1g.jpg

Serenity Mal stunt belt rig and original Miranda map
15oy0bd.jpg

A "few" things?! Wow, that's gorgeous O_O
Definite prop envy.

What's in the case that looks like coins?

I hope I can steal your bottle idea, I LOVE that.

Speaking of props. Does anyone know where to find the knit cap Jayne receives from his Mom. Is is it a made item?

Nevermind. Found it. The cunning hat, as it is known, can be made or bought everywhere.

Last edited:
I'm working on my Jayne Cobb "Boo"
Last year I went as Jayne Cobb to FanExpo and got to meet Alan Tudyk
Such an awesome guy!

I had my cunning hat and made 'Vera' from a Nerf Recon
We gave Wash some toy dinosaurs and wouldn't stop playing with them

Perfect shot of his 'evil laugh'

221964_10151085688367550_2131988967_n_zpsb3e641e8.jpg

Speaking of props. Does anyone know where to find the knit cap Jayne receives from his Mom. Is is it a made item?

Nevermind. Found it. The cunning hat, as it is known, can be made or bought everywhere.

Yes, it's all over the place. I like this one - Cunning Jayne Hat with Gift Kit From Ma Cobb by fadingendlessly
because it comes with a blue-sun stamped box, straw, and a little replica of Ma Cobb's letter!

I'm working on my Jayne Cobb "Boo"
Last year I went as Jayne Cobb to FanExpo and got to meet Alan Tudyk
Such an awesome guy!

I had my cunning hat and made 'Vera' from a Nerf Recon
We gave Wash some toy dinosaurs and wouldn't stop playing with them

Perfect shot of his 'evil laugh'

221964_10151085688367550_2131988967_n_zpsb3e641e8.jpg

I'm incredibly jealous! Alan Tudyk seems like one of those actors who's a lot of fun in person. I love your Vera!

Last edited:
The only ones I have are several packets of the Serenity bank heist money bills and the 'verse map...

SerinityFireflyCurrency_2_zps41959d7c.jpg

I do have some replica strawberries, but I do not yet have the correct cigar box to put them in.

What a cool idea!

Has the box been ID'd or is it made, do you know?

See below...

http://www.therpf.com/f9/found-item-kaylee-s-strawberry-box-firefly-19104/
http://www.therpf.com/f9/where-find-cigar-box-23843/

Short answer; it's a cigar box from the brand 'Bahia Trinidad'.

It WAS a found item, but good luck finding one these day.

I have found this supplier who can supply to England boxes of the Bahia Trinidad Churchill cigars - http://internationalcigarexperts.com/about ...Buying a box of both sizes might be the easiest (albeit not cheapest) of obtaining the box.

Last edited:
I have a screen used earpiece/mic, worn by one of the Alliance people in the film.
Was my first film prop,
Will try to upload a pic when i can.

I was lucky enough to put together a lot of my Firefly armory before the accursed VCR bill. And then there was Vera...:lol

My collection

Mal

33124j7.jpg

My Sidkit Mal. I bought the kit when it first came out, it has since been modified with wooden grips from Badger and nickel thumbscrews from Robstyle. Would love a 47a, but never had the funds at the right time. The Sid is pretty cool, though.

Jayne

2m5xemf.jpg

I bought my Denix Lemat back in 2003, and modified as best I was able. Fortunately better reference, and upgrade kits from Sidewinder and Robstyle's wooden grips came along.

Vera

35b57gm.jpg

2hnc26e.jpg

I was lucky enough to score a very nice screenused Showtime stunt gun from Ebay. Unfortunately it was in the US post VCR. I had to take a big gamble, but it got through customs without problems. I scratchbuilt the Vera mods, the flashider was originally a 3d prints, which later got swapped out for a cast of the screenused one used in Bushwacked.

The Lasseter

sw44s1.jpg

33e75ab.jpg

Kind of a horror to do, from scoring the original very rare flashlight, to scratching all the custom parts. I haven't seen another completed one yet. Most of the parts I had laser cut, the scope was printed from a 3d model kindly provided by LeMarchand.

Other Weapons

w19nkm.jpg

The Jubal Early gun is a Joetrash metal replica, trigger dislocated by 'gotta pull it' guy at the first RPF UK prop party :rolleyes

Inara's gun is a metal airsoft Ruger with aluminium greeblies by Sidewinder. Saffron's gun (also used by Doctor Caron in Serenity) is a resin pull from the original molds, with aluminium cap by Pennausamike.

199f2g.jpg

Jayne's Serenity rifle - an airsoft H&K SD5 with various scratchbuilt add-ons and harness.

Assorted Props

20hvdzo.jpg

The Dobson Cortex Device parts were all ID'ed in a thread here long ago. The Alliance food bar is a crappy cast from the original moulds, a lot of work to fix up. The PAL unit is a real one I scored of Ebay many years ago. Bluehands sonic weapon by Pennusamike.

Not pictured is my yet to be built up Burgess laser kit, QMX Serenity stunt Mal, which is in bits following an assault by my wife, and Serenity banknote display from Propstore.

Last edited:
This may have already been posted somewhere but as I was on this thread I was watching Arrested Development I noticed one of Jayne's knifes...

tumblr_lvff6yp7py1qgrhzdo2_500.gif

jaynestown403.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back