Sandtrooper Vs ESB Stormtrooper

Here are some crappy pics i did with a webcam of my WIP .

This helmet is not the one i'll be using with the GINO armor. ;)

wiphdpe.jpg

wiphdpe2.jpg

wiphdpe3.jpg

Originally posted by The Dark Side@Dec 7 2005, 07:03 AM
RKW - Lovely suit well done. Where did you get the belt material from buddy?

Thanks.

The belt material is TKO knee wrap (all white) which I ordered online from http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk. The product code is TKAC103E but I haven't seen it on their site lately. They seem so have one with a red stripe running through the middle instead but you could always enquire if you live in the UK.

Nice costumes, guys :thumbsup

Obviously I love the ROTJ stormtrooper, but as far as ANH vs. ESB I always preferred the ESB look....

Always thought the grey mouth with 'black' holes on the ANH helmet looked a bit 'fussy'... prefer the all-black mouth on the ESB :)

Don't forget the black vertical stripes on the grey rectangle on the ear covers, Joe.
Should be 3 stripes, but I noticed on the last 2 ESB buckets at Christies that one side has 3 stripes, and the other has only 2...

Are you going with authentic gloss white house-paint (complete with paint-runs) or are you gonna use spray-paints?

Cheers,
John

Thanks John

This is the real problem, I painted another helmet with gloss and it was really shiny but looked like @#$%..

It is difficult to decide whether to go for true accuracy or a santised spray paint job. :confused

Joe

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back