Boycott Parks Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only experience with parks is a group order for Graflex flash units, and that went smoothly. Are people having trouble with more complicated things like EL sabers? Or is it with kits and parts too?

I have been a strong customer and strong advocate of Parks sabers. But he did take responsibility for it when loaned to him and upon learning the situation told GH to go screw himself. He also used his religion as the basis for justifying his actions afterwards. Finally, he is making a good profit off another board members lose and refuses to rectify the lose ignoring it now.
Not exactly Christian like, as judge by this lay minister.

Up to all to decide if they want to support a fellow member here or turn their heads away from it. Is this place really a community or just a resource for you on the web?
You vote with your own conscience and support.

Resign me up.

Originally posted by Vaapad_VII@Dec 6 2005, 08:07 PM
My only experience with parks is a group order for Graflex flash units, and that went smoothly.  Are people having trouble with more complicated things like EL sabers?  Or is it with kits and parts too?
[snapback]1130247[/snapback]​

No, this is involving the transaction that gave Jeff the template for his Vader Saber for his USKs.

The first post has been edited, summarizing the events which led up to the boycott. There is also a list of boycott members.

If you want to be added to that list, please post here.

He still is a cool guy.

He has 10,000 customers, and pissed off a few people here.

They find it necessary to drag him through the mud.

"Rather childish really"

micdavis....how is it childish to hold someone accountable for

a] screwing someone over by never returning their loaned piece

b] never compensating them for it

c] never apoligizing for it

d] and....which I believe to be the worst offense: PROFITTING on somenes loss without bothering to compensate them.

C'mon, You dont treat people-- who help make you a profit --like that.

That was childish.

albeit this post will make people think about dealing with park sabers but in the end they will or will not deal with him its up to there preogative

Put me on the list too. I used to be a strong advocate for the guy. He has crappy ethics, which by itself warrant the boycott. If Micdavis can sleep at night knowing that, that then so be it. I can't personally recommend the guy for the fact that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I even cancelled an order with Parks I'd placed once I'd heard GH's issue with the guy. I'll take my business elsewhere. He and I used to talk about our personal religious beliefs and he convinced me he was a Christian. Too bad his actions don't mirror his claims.

Dave :(

I'll sign.

The last time I saw the original thread I didn't know enough about what happened to have an opinion, but I feel pretty comfortable boycotting now. I can't afford his stuff anyway. ;)

Well before joining up here I placed an order for one of his sabers so I cant really boycott him. I don;t even know the guy and every one gets at least one shot in my book.

I was on it before and you can add me again. Customers should always be first and foremost in any business. Treat them well and with respect. Then they will stick with you.

albeit this post will make people think about dealing with park sabers but in the end they will or will not deal with him its up to there preogative

very true. Unfortunately moral backbone is in short demand these days.

If people only turned the table and truly, genuinely thought, 'hey what if this happened to me' ...how would I feel.

(hint, youd be pissed off).

But again, the hoarding collecting mentality often overshadows any nagging morality that might exists. Kinda like the old expression:

'the environmentalist is the guy who built his cabin in the woods last year'

translation: as long as I get my stuff, Im happy. Once I get it, Ill sign the list.

:eek:

Put me back on the list, Phillip. I've been on the receiving end of both great and lousy service from different businesses. I reward companies that give good service and withhold my business from those that don't. Like everyone, I work hard for my money, and companies that treat those they're in business with like Parks treated GH, are not worthy of receiving my money.

I was on the old list, and am still boycotting.

Add me to it again.

Note: prior to the boycott, I'd spent $700+ on Parks stuff. Jeff, your *are* losing sales because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back