Boycott Parks Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're ignoring the fact that GH didn't even start this boycott, didn't ask for this boycott, fellow mebers that feel it's only right to have the back of another member and make some kind of stand did.
Sure there's plenty of people who are happy do give anyone money as long as they get what they want and they aren't wronged personally but i'm not one of them and i'm not alone.

I'm glad you see no reason this should be forgotten or swept under the carpet. :)

No, I'd want to hear from the ORIGINAL offended party. Not from you, or anyone else. Again, GH was done wrong for certain, but I would like to hear from him if anything has come of this, or how HE feels about it. As a matter of fact, I will do what you should have done and fire him off a PM.

I'm one of the few who got to see GH's MPP prior to Parks getting it and again when it returned. That MPP was the most pristine original I've ever seen. Which was why Parks so yearned for it in the first place. Then I saw the aftermath. Not only did he do damage to certain parts of the saber, he kept GH's original lever and replaced it with a repro. That's fraud, plain and simple. He assured GH he'd return it in the same exact condition it left in. This kind of underhanded fraud is exactly why GH doesn't come around much anymore. It robs a guy of his good humor after a time.

Dave :(

As much as I would loooove adding myself to this list, I cannot. Parks did do GH wrong in this deal, by promising something he could not deliver to get his hands on the MPP. So yeah, bad form on his part. Parks also has a bad rep for delivery, also bad form.

That said, it would be the height of hypocrisy to add myself to this list. I have a Parks Graflex replica. I got it second hand, so, in a way, my money went to Parks. How can I add myself to this list now? I wonder how many of the members who have posted here to boycott Parks toys have had one in their possession since the inception of this list? How many since GH got screwed over by Parks and his crew of manufacturers who dismantled his MPP?

Well said. I have owned no less than six Parks sabers (and I still own one) and have always been very happy with all of them.
I'm of the opinion that this is an issue between JP and GH...nobody else. Now if Jeff has a habit of screwing people (more than one) then it should come to the public eye as a warning. But it sems to me that this is an issue between him and one other person. How about all the other great transactions that he provided? GH should have documented the whole thing in writing (or e-mails) and taken photographs before and after. Then he could have simply taken Jeff to small claims court to get compensation, plain and simple. I never understood why this was brought to the prop community in the first place.

Well said. I have owned no less than six Parks sabers (and I still own one) and have always been very happy with all of them.
I'm of the opinion that this is an issue between JP and GH...nobody else. Now if Jeff has a habit of screwing people (more than one) then it should come to the public eye as a warning. But it sems to me that this is an issue between him and one other person. How about all the other great transactions that he provided? GH should have documented the whole thing in writing (or e-mails) and taken photographs before and after. Then he could have simply taken Jeff to small claims court to get compensation, plain and simple. I never understood why this was brought to the prop community in the first place.
Pitchforks and torches, man. The only thing I remember about dealing directly with Parks (From hearsay only) is long...really long delays in receipt of goods.

No, I'd want to hear from the ORIGINAL offended party. Not from you, or anyone else. Again, GH was done wrong for certain, but I would like to hear from him if anything has come of this, or how HE feels about it. As a matter of fact, I will do what you should have done and fire him off a PM.

You still don't get it do you ?
This is members showing support for one of their own, you choose not to support a fellow member that's your choice, don't try making my choice for me.

You miss my point. Where was your support for all of the rest of the time new membership has come up? It seems like stirring the pot just to stir the pot.

You miss my point. Where was your support for all of the rest of the time new membership has come up? It seems like stirring the pot just to stir the pot.

Selective text blindness ? i've already told you you i've bought this thread to peoples attention lots of times, and i will continue to if that's ok with you, actually scrap that i'll continue to regardless of your opinion.

Selective text blindness ? i've already told you you i've bought this thread to peoples attention lots of times, and i will continue to if that's ok with you, actually scrap that i'll continue to regardless of your opinion.

I'm not trying to take Qui's side, or anything like that but what I think he is talking about is the time period between June 2007 to September 2009 this thread was dormant.

Just trying to make communication clearer so we don't have another thread derailed off topic.

I'm not trying to take Qui's side, or anything like that but what I think he is talking about is the time period between June 2007 to September 2009 this thread was dormant.

Just trying to make communication clearer so we don't have another thread derailed off topic.

I know and i already explained i bought this thread to peoples attention lots of times between those periods in other threads as have other members here, i'm sure he's well aware of that.

This is a factual case, Parks did post here on the issue and at the end of the thread discussion noted his own core values and principles justified him to rip off Ghosthost.

As a past distributor of Parks sabers and having witnessed Jeff Parks breakdown and justifications on this board to rip off Steve, I was shocked especially in the end how Jeff Parks handled the situation and justified his position. As were many other members.

That being said, I see no problem with members try to support another here or to give a heads up to new members.

Last edited:
You can add me. I may not buy one but I always have people asking where to get props etc. I will never suggest Parks.

As a relatively new guy to the replica props hobby (involved in a lot of similar hobbies to be sure.) I am stunned at how many dishonest and just downright shifty peolpe are involved. Buying a prop and especially lending anything out is akin to walking through a mine field....

There is supporting a member and then there is a witch hunt. This has turned into a witch hunt.

I'm also wondering about how many people whose name appears on the list still own a Parks Saber. If you are boycotting something, that means not buying or OWNING it.

There is supporting a member and then there is a witch hunt. This has turned into a witch hunt.

I'm also wondering about how many people whose name appears on the list still own a Parks Saber. If you are boycotting something, that means not buying or OWNING it.

It's not a witch hunt at all, those that choose to support Parks are calling it a witch hunt, that doesn't make it one.
Hell it's not like anyone can even make up their mind, in one breath they're saying it's a witch hunt and i'm persecuting Parks, and in the other they say i've ignored this issue for 2 years, make your minds up it can't work both ways.

It's not a witch hunt at all, those that choose to support Parks are calling it a witch hunt, that doesn't make it one.
Hell it's not like anyone can even make up their mind, in one breath they're saying it's a witch hunt and i'm persecuting Parks, and in the other they say i've ignored this issue for 2 years, make your minds up it can't work both ways.

Just because I think it's a witch hunt doesn't mean I support Parks. As a matter of fact, I think what he did is crap and he should have paid for the damage.

But, what I don't understand is what you are trying to accomplish with this thread. You already know that he is not going to pay GH back and it appears that he could care less if we boycott him, so I really don't know what good it does to keep bringing this back up.

Just because I think it's a witch hunt doesn't mean I support Parks. As a matter of fact, I think what he did is crap and he should have paid for the damage.

But, what I don't understand is what you are trying to accomplish with this thread. You already know that he is not going to pay GH back and it appears that he could care less if we boycott him, so I really don't know what good it does to keep bringing this back up.

Because some people are not aware of the story and now they are they don't wish to give Parks their business, fair enough ?

Thanks for the heads up.

I am new here and if not for this bump, would have no idea that this had ever taken place. The fact that it ever happened, regardless of any sterling, super-ethical behavior since by the vendor, is what is important to me when deciding if a vendor deserves my business.

I have seen people BANNED for less offenses than this...
Im shocked as a STAFF member you would let this continue.

Letting folks know about something is one thing, annoucning every new registration borders on "cyber bullying".

You know, they have laws against that sort of thing.
Hmmm....I wonder how busy Parks Lawyers are, maybe they need something to do.
Good luck. Let us all know how this turns out for you.

Or maybe this thread is all for not. Judging by the responses from everyone else who is HAPPY with Jeff Parks.

It's obvious..this thread has done little good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back